Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Andy H's miniature madness  (Read 38445 times)

Andy H

Re: Andy H's miniature madness
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2022, 05:32:19 PM »

Interesting photo, Gaston - I'd like to do those guys in miniature.  :)

You just know at least one of those British tankies said "I didn't join the Hussars to ride a bloody horse!"  ;D

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2022, 11:19:16 PM »

Thanks ! If you like, here are some other shots of our "Troupes du train" :

You can clearly see how useful these troops are, by the diversity of the horses' loadings !!! Most soldiers serving in these troops are farmers. As we have militia army, military service is mandatory from the age of 20 until the age of 32 (in the past, it was from 20 to almost 50...).

Andy H

« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2022, 08:56:53 AM »

Oooh, I like those pics a lot - thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to source some horses.  ;D

Still plodding along with the Challenger, a fair bit still to do with the turret fixtures and fittings - including fiddly stowage baskets and nylon mesh (hopefully, there'll be enough mesh left over for the King Tiger and late Panther engine grilles). If I can resist the urge to go down the pub, I should get the build finished tonight.   :)

Thanks for looking in - back soon with more miniature mayhem.  ;)

Andy H

« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:28 AM »

Well, there she is ready for paint.  :)

Quite an impressive kit. As suspected, the stowage bins a lttle fiddly, and given my time over again, I'd have treated the mesh differently, but by the time they're painted and I've filled the bins up to overflowing, I don't think it'll matter much.

Now dithering over whether to get the Challenger painted or break the PAK 40 out and paint them together to ensure that the weathering matches...

Thanks as always for dropping by, back soon with more laser-guided lunacy.  ;)

Andy H

« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2022, 02:30:28 AM »

Not much time to myself lately, should put that right over the next couple of days. Quick update (tip du jour - if you take on a Tamiya kit that includes nylon mesh, use superglue  ;)  )

Time to reveal where we're going with this. Back soon with more tow-away titilation  ;)

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2022, 04:07:37 AM »

The mesh looks neat. How did you apply the superglue, using a needle or just straight from the nozzle? It can be quite messy. I used superglue to repair cracks in bagpipe and sax reeds, always have a tube handy.

In the 1980's, the military pipe and brass bands used to go to a seaside town in SA called Durban to perform in the Durban Tattoo. We used to stay in one of the local hotels for the duration and great fun was had by all. A friend who was piper and  reedmaker, after a heavy night of partying, confused the superglue on the bedside table with his eyedrops with disastrous results. Luckily there was a doctor in one of the pipe bands and it all turned out ok, though he was teased mercilessly for the duration of the tattoo. :)

Andy H

« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2022, 04:43:50 AM »

Ouch!  o_O

For this one, having failed miserably with my beloved Tamiya extra thin cement, I just carefully applied from the nozzle. Currently applying black cammo stripes and revelling yet again in the irony of one of the world's most heavily-armoured tanks being so fragile in kit form.  :)

Andy H

« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2022, 01:21:34 PM »

Nowhere near finished, but I always feel like I'm getting somewhere once the decals are on...

Thanks for looking in, back soon with more should've-nailed-it-down shenanigans.  ;)

Andy H

« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2022, 08:04:02 AM »

Not having a good day at the modelling table. The Humbrol matt varnish I sprayed on prior to an intended pleasant dry-brushing session went white and orange-peely.   ]banghead[

Fairly easily recovered by washing with Army Painter 'military shader', but it's really eaten into the time I'd set aside to get a lot further along the road than I am at the moment. Once the wash has dried, it's going to be a long old haul shading and highlighting before filthing it up. Ho-hum...

Thanks for looking in, back soon with more damage limitation derring-do.  ;)

Andy H

« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2022, 12:12:28 PM »

Not a bad recovery, if I say so myself.  :)

Still a long way from the finish line...

Thanks for dropping by - back soon with more miniature mayhem  ;)

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2022, 12:31:39 PM »

Nice job! I love the detail on this one. You're gonna run out of tanks soon. :)

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2022, 01:58:24 PM »

Long way from the finish line yeah
That challenger is already damn beautiful ;D
There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 27 queries.