Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In two armies  (Read 1476 times)

Yaro59

In two armies
« on: October 22, 2021, 02:54:26 AM »

Two episodes from the flying career of pilot Stefan Stec.

In the Austro-Hungarian aviation: on 16 July 1918 Stec in a formation with two other pilots (F. Navratil and Franciszek Peter) shot down an Italian Hanriot HD-1 fighter near Lake Garda, and on 10 August he shot down his third plane over Monte Pasubio. In the Austrian service, he was decorated with the Order of the Iron Crown of the Third Class with war decoration, twice with the Silver Medal for Courage and with the Prussian Iron Cross of the Second Class.

In the Polish Air Force: On 29th April, piloting a Fokker EV, he fought the first victorious air battle in the reborn Poland, shooting down a Ukrainian Nieuport aircraft covering two Brandenburg reconnaissance planes over Sokolniki.

On his plane, still in Austrian service, Stec had a red-and-white checkerboard painted as his personal emblem. This chequered pattern was adopted on December 1, 1918, by order no. 38 of the General Staff of the Polish Air Force, as a distinctive symbol of the Polish Air Force.

He destroyed 7 enemy planes and two observation balloons, and was himself shot down three times.

Unfortunately I didn't find Ukraine as a country in FMB.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sadabfrgiwnl7nt/In_two_armies.zip/file

Of course the missions should be installed in DOF. Sorry , I forgot

Vampire_pilot

Re: In two armies
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 03:04:31 AM »

this looks very interesting, I'll fly that :)

Yaro59

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 04:37:54 AM »

Air duels similar to dozens or even hundreds of others in missions published here.
I was more interested in introducing the pilot, his service, where, when and with whom he fought.
What type of aircraft he flew at a particular time.
I think I more or less succeeded.

Regards

stoney69

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 03:53:12 PM »

Rally enjoyed these missions Yaro. Love flying up the Fassa Valley in the mountains. Hope to see other missions of this type.

Steve

Yaro59

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 01:13:50 AM »

Yes, stoney69, it is true that mountain scenery is beautiful.
I'm sure the pilots who flew and fought over the mountains, during WWI and WWII, also enjoyed such views.
If you had to die, it was a beautiful place to die.

I will probably create something in this environment. There are so many, little known air operations over the mountains of northern Italy.

Greetings
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 27 queries.