Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New grass  (Read 7564 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: New grass
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 04:12:35 AM »

@Bird: so just to clarify this: you took the folder from Desperauxs mod and overwrote its contents with the files from Ranwers mod here? you did not use the rest of Ranwers folders? or did you use them as well?

eddyt

• Skinner
  • IL-2 1946 patch v5.00 B.A.T 4.2
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 04:16:43 AM »

Thank you for the skin however, it appears to be for another (better) model entirely which I haven't heard of. Do you have a link for this model, please.  :)
"The gratitude of every home in our Island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the British airmen who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the World War by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 06:28:38 AM »

@Bird: so just to clarify this: you took the folder from Desperauxs mod and overwrote its contents with the files from Ranwers mod here? you did not use the rest of Ranwers folders? or did you use them as well?

Yes. I only used the "runway" folder contents from Ranwers' mod, as the JSGME version from Despereaux's version only had a "runway" folder in its main folder. It only covers the "planned" grass runways, and with Ranwers' runway files I get the short grass, activated with JSGME.

*Edit: I just went and looked, and for the purpose of trying this the first time I only did the #WAW3 folder in Despereaux's version. I'm rarely playing the other modules, but I would suppose you could overwrite the runway files in the other module folders with the same files if you wanted to.
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 10:24:57 AM »

thanks a lot for your answer; I have followed your advice right then; additionally, I also use the rest of Ranwers mod loading AFTER the Desperaux modified folder and with the contents of its "Runway" folder remmed out for testing...

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2021, 10:45:16 AM »

thanks a lot for your answer; I have followed your advice right then; additionally, I also use the rest of Ranwers mod loading AFTER the Desperaux modified folder and with the contents of its "Runway" folder remmed out for testing...

I'm loving that after 20 freakin' years, we finally have proper looking, solid appearing, grass runways! And it didn't cost my old machine much in the way of resources. I've always thought that the weird looking layers of vanilla ground textures was IL2's biggest graphics wart. These more "rigid" looking grass textures really do an awesome job of cancelling that weirdness. I feel like IL2 1946 has taken giant leaps, with mods like this one, and keeping up with anything new for gameplay. Every BoX player seems to come back here after a while. I've noticed this ;) Still the best.
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »

;D    As I have already reiterated I'm a big fan of this Carsmaster / Ranwers work, and ... as you know, the appetite comes with eating, it would be great to be able to use the desert airport runways with tufts of shrubs scattered here and there just to give a little of three-dimensionality to the environment ...     

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2021, 01:27:34 PM »

;D    to use the desert airport runways with tufts of shrubs scattered here  ...     

[/color][/size][/font]

Like this ?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42519.msg478272.html#msg478272

Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot

Yaro59

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 01:02:30 AM »

Thank you Ranwers, indeed the grass is finally in order

Bez żadnego cudowania zainstalowałem i jest ok. w QMB i FMB.

Yaro59

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 09:01:20 AM »

Big request, this is about pilot skins.

This spit was flown by Janek Zumbach.
                                         Do you have link or skins of our pilots ?

I would be grateful

Good health ]cheers[

mikojan3

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 10:39:23 AM »

Big request, this is about pilot skins.

This spit was flown by Janek Zumbach.
                                         Do you have link or skins of our pilots ?

I would be grateful

Good health ]cheers[

same question have you link ?

eddyt

• Skinner
  • IL-2 1946 patch v5.00 B.A.T 4.2
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »

Where did you get that Mk.VB Skin from? I want it badly!  ;D

Please

https://www.mediafire.com/?pfdattcs9nepsyx

Thank you for the skin, however I the template is for a different (even better) model than I have in my game. D you know where I can get this new model?
Thanks,
Eddyp  ]cheers[
"The gratitude of every home in our Island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the British airmen who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the World War by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2021, 12:22:30 PM »

Thank you for the skin, however I the template is for a different (even better) model than I have in my game. D you know where I can get this new model?
Thanks,
Eddyp  ]cheers[

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ptgdxij6k4vj9eb/SPITFIRE_5B.7z/file
Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.