Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT REDCORE  (Read 494 times)

sgt.wingspan

• New normal
BAT REDCORE
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »

Hi :

Greetings! I would like to share this if anyone has this too. I have the log info but not
to my know how and looks ok to me so I dont mind posting. It must be on my
PC if you agree not in game? Suggestion welcome..

It says https://ibb.co/RHXGbxZ

PC :  intel(R) Core(TM) i5 6400 CPU @ 2.70ghz  2.71GHZ
        64bit    x64-based processor
Flight sim fan.

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
Re: BAT REDCORE
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 08:27:01 AM »

Hi :

Greetings! I would like to share this if anyone has this too. I have the log info but not
to my know how and looks ok to me so I dont mind posting. It must be on my
PC if you agree not in game? Suggestion welcome..

It says https://ibb.co/RHXGbxZ

PC :  intel(R) Core(TM) i5 6400 CPU @ 2.70ghz  2.71GHZ
        64bit    x64-based processor

You could try going to MS webpage to reinstall Visual C++ .
I'm curious: I started with the REDCORE 4.0 files, and it contains all of the previous BAT WAW content. Your error says you have BAT REDCORE installed over Pegasus.
Why would that be?
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

sgt.wingspan

• New normal
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »

SAS~tsisqua:

First of the suggestion is much appreciated.
From my own initial attempt I already reinstalled the latest of my MS which I downloaded separately aside from my existing MS Visual C+++2017 redistributable(x86) 14.15.27027 to make sure its different and been using this with no CTD.. the BAT was also installed first- I have the collection from the beginning but the latest was REDCORE on my files [otherwise safe to say it wont work]. Maybe the sequence or something is not in order, anyway I could go back from the sequence and start installing again either from Pegasus 3.8, or Le Grand Cirque. I think somewhere REDCORE or  4.1.1.. that screwed the setup.
Flight sim fan.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 09:50:11 AM »

Maybe the sequence or something is not in order, anyway I could go back from the sequence and start installing again either from Pegasus 3.8, or Le Grand Cirque. I think somewhere REDCORE or  4.1.1.. that screwed the setup.

Sorry but that "sequence" sounds like a bunch or misunderstood nonsense.
BAT 4.0 Red Core is meant to be installed on anything Il-2. On the base game 4.12 even, there is no "prerequisite". It can be found in the very few and short paragraphs that are the install instructions.

To "repair" an install, you can simply install 4.0 and all subsequent packs (like 4.1 or 4.2) on top of what you have.

SAS~tsisqua

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 11:58:23 AM »

. . . there is no "prerequisite". It can be found in the very few and short paragraphs that are the install instructions.

Thanks, Vampire.
I think that some flyers just assumed that "Redcore" worked like other updates and did this, without reading the instructions.

SAS~tsisqua:

I have the collection from the beginning but the latest was REDCORE on my files [otherwise safe to say it wont work].

No Sir. Redcore + 4.12.2 will have the entire BAT WAW collection up until its release, minus the cluttered files from previous updates. That reduces the size of BAT by 20 gigs and I'd dare say reduces the amount of trouble your system would have when loading files. I'd suggest going to the BAT REDCORE release page again, then carefully read everything.
Good Hunting wingspan!
Bird

sgt.wingspan

• New normal
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 10:56:52 PM »

SAS~Vampire:
 8) SAS~tsisqua:

Thanks for the inputs, the fix was re-pasting the extracted REDCORE on its place again. Due to saving space only selected files but still works. :-X :-X the plane's icons also showed up. ;D
Flight sim fan.

SAS~tsisqua

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 01:08:39 AM »

SAS~Vampire:
 8) SAS~tsisqua:

Thanks for the inputs, the fix was re-pasting the extracted REDCORE on its place again. Due to saving space only selected files but still works. :-X :-X the plane's icons also showed up. ;D

Thanks for checking back in, Mate. Good to know when problems are solved ]cheers[
Bird

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 01:13:52 AM »

You're welcome, however....

exactly these "workaround the installer" procedures are what's messing up installs. Use them, they are there for a reason.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 26 queries.