Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MiG roundels orientation problem  (Read 211 times)

milvipes

• Modder
MiG roundels orientation problem
« on: October 12, 2021, 12:26:06 AM »

Greetings,

After finally getting the kink out of F-86 & MiG-15/17's FM (no more funky chicken dance take off/kamikaze landing), I'm presented with a new problem: the orientation of auto-generated roundels (from Forgotten Countries) on the MiG's are all off whack.
I'll use PLAAF as an example:

As you can see, the wing roundels run parallel to the fuselage.
MiG-15 is somewhat better, though still far from correct:

The wing roundels are backward!
I'm pretty sure the problem is with the MiG's, not Forgotten Countries, as PLAAF roundels appear correctly on other aircraft.

So what gives? What can I do to correct the orientations of the roundels on the MiG's?

Thanks in advance.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
Re: MiG roundels orientation problem
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 12:39:24 AM »

Just checked in BAT and most of the Mig-15/17 have correct orientation for overlay placement there. Two sub versions, from mace's 85 stable (iirc) are turned sideways. But these are only relevant for USSR and it does not matter for their star.  So I presume this depends on the version of Mig pack you have and what version the modders built from.
For stars and roundels, this does not matter, it only is visible in a stars-n-bars style, like the PLAAF.

What you "can do" is, dig into the 3d side of a mod, learn how overlay placement works and what tools you need and correct the incorrect overlays.

milvipes

• Modder
Re: MiG roundels orientation problem
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 11:16:53 AM »

What you "can do" is, dig into the 3d side of a mod, learn how overlay placement works and what tools you need and correct the incorrect overlays.
OK now we've narrowed it down to overlay, that makes it much easier to work with.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.