Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: POETI/NAVIGATORI italian destroyers classes in BAT  (Read 1679 times)

poiana44

POETI/NAVIGATORI italian destroyers classes in BAT
« on: October 11, 2021, 12:43:49 PM »

Hello guys,
Do you think it is possible to import the two italian destroyer  Poets and Navigators classes created by Giotto long ago for IL-2 into BAT?
It will be so wonderful to increase WWII mediterranean air/sea war...

cbradbury

Re: POETI/NAVIGATORI italian destroyers classes in BAT
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 01:40:08 PM »

These are very old ships - I have never been able to get the Navigatori to run. I do have the Poeti in my BAT install:

However, note that it is effectively a repaint of the Soviet Type 7 (or the other way around, I don't remember which - the Soviet ships were based on Italian designs IRL). For this reason it would probably be inappropriate to formally include it in BAT as it would take the Soviet slot. I have it as jgsme switchable, so I can revert to the Soviet ship whenever I need to, which is actually never, as there is also a Soviet Type 7 with beacon in BAT, so I tend to just use that. If you want a copy of my Poeti install I can make it available.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »

IIRC I have both running in my modded BAT 4.1.3...will check tomorrow

poiana44

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 02:31:00 PM »

These are very old ships - I have never been able to get the Navigatori to run. I do have the Poeti in my BAT install:

NO QUOTE PICS !!!

However, note that it is effectively a repaint of the Soviet Type 7 (or the other way around, I don't remember which - the Soviet ships were based on Italian designs IRL). For this reason it would probably be inappropriate to formally include it in BAT as it would take the Soviet slot. I have it as jgsme switchable, so I can revert to the Soviet ship whenever I need to, which is actually never, as there is also a Soviet Type 7 with beacon in BAT, so I tend to just use that. If you want a copy of my Poeti install I can make it available.

Oh Yeah cbradbury... it would be great!
Thanks a lot!

poiana44

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »

IIRC I have both running in my modded BAT 4.1.3...will check tomorrow

Thanks Griffon... very much obliged!

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 05:05:39 AM »

Checked, I have both running in 4.1.3, at least they show up in FMB...need to check if they work in a mission too ..

poiana44

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 11:38:31 AM »

Checked, I have both running in 4.1.3, at least they show up in FMB...need to check if they work in a mission too ..

Thanks Griffon.
Are you able to post the material or send me by PM?
Cheers ;)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 06:44:25 AM »

As I have nearly all available ships from here running in my modded install, i can only offer a possible solution why you did not get these Italian DDs to work;
there is one big "master"classfile, that relates to most if not all of Gios ships in the game and if you have any of these running and want to get Gio´s supposedly older Italian DDs running as well, you need the biggest classfiles labelled  4799D4F0B7F09D3E  ... I can provide it of course, but if you use it, you might need the other ships included in there as well;
the original download for these two DDs comes with 5 classfiles, one of them the mentioned one, but in a very small and basic version;
two classfiles related to the German Z7 and Z29 destroyers, you do not need those I guess, at least I do not have them in my Navigatori/Poeti folder;

so if you want to try again and get Poeti and Navigatori to run, make sure to check for the lastest available version of the 4799 classfile....
mine is 14,4KB in size and has a date stamp from 6th September 2012...

poiana44

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 11:02:08 AM »

Ok Griffon,
all things are clear now.
Thanks for your tips and explanations.
Be careful.

Poiana

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 11:12:56 AM »

If you need anything else, pm me :)

FlyingSaucer99

• Just another WW1 aficionado...
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 02:44:16 PM »

Sorry if it seems repetitive, but I have a question related to another of Gio´s ships-pack.

This trick ( of using the classfile labelled 4799D4F0B7F09D3E), also works for the MINEKAZE and MUTSUKI destroyers pack?

I opened this topic > https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,67494.0.html < a time ago, but nobody answered. Anyway... never to late to get answer (even if it´s not on my original topic  ;D)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 12:11:53 PM »

i am putting up the folder form my working Italian DDs in mediafire for download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/df47er04hevmpzj/00_SHIPS_Shipgio.rar/file

coincidentally, I also have the Japanese DDs running in my modded pacific air war module as well; the key seems to be this 4799.... classfile which is included in this download here;
my packs are still running on BAT 4.1.3 and I am using some more of Gios ships in both, the European and the Pacific modded modules, so it really might come down to a trial and error method with the classfiles to get the ships running; other than that, i cannot give much help i fear as said, my modules are highly modified and fine tuned to work with what is included; but for ships, usually having the master classfiles (the 4799....) and the relating ship classfiles (the italian DDs are included here) should get the ships you wish up and running... no guarantee though :)

cheers
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.