Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can a Plane from one era be moved to another?  (Read 368 times)

Buff1

Can a Plane from one era be moved to another?
« on: September 20, 2021, 07:27:28 PM »

Wanted to move a few about for testing... Thanks in advance!

Rick W

camablake

• UP/BAT Mission Creator
Re: Can a Plane from one era be moved to another?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:41:14 PM »

Due to being packed in the games native SFS files, the end user cannot just move aircraft on their own. However, you can add individual aircraft to whatever era you like via the usual way of adding aircraft to the game (I don't recommend adding any of the advanced jets from JTW to the earlier eras, theres probably too much missing).
There are three rules to dogfighting. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Chaoic16

• Modder
Re: Can a Plane from one era be moved to another?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 09:30:26 PM »

Buff1, I want to add one more advice:

1) When adding aircraft to any era, it is ideal to keep the number of new aircraft as low as possible, due to the java wall.  If you add too many more, IL-2 1946 will become unstable.  I do not know exactly what is the number of aircraft limitation are. 

The beauty of air.ini is that you can edit it to disable / enable or re-enable any aircraft you want appearing in IL-2 1946.  As you can see, there are multi version of an existing aircraft, such as IL-2 1946 and JCAT version of A6M Zero.  You can keep both or disable either to free up the spaces in java and use that to add new aircraft to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.