Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Need one more thing for BAT Community missions  (Read 2518 times)

Bsmooth

Re: Need one more thing for BAT Community missions
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2021, 03:15:50 PM »

I swear Win 10 and I just don't get along. Flying along in a mission when I hear what sounds like an update gong and the game just crashed back to the desktop. I wonder If theres a way to see it, maybe event viewer ? Let me look. There this which makes no sense to me at all:
Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date:          9/19/2021 5:09:48 PM
Event ID:      10016
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          DESKTOP-6USSOSK\Bruce
Computer:      DESKTOP-6USSOSK
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
 and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user DESKTOP-6USSOSK\Bruce SID (S-1-5-21-2729208049-325979476-4269739827-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-19T21:09:48.7687767Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6366</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{4cc9c9c3-d8f2-490a-b258-54701a7f2a46}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="1048" ThreadID="2868" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-6USSOSK</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2729208049-325979476-4269739827-1001" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">DESKTOP-6USSOSK</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">Bruce</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-2729208049-325979476-4269739827-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2021, 05:23:06 PM »

Everything I see when searching for this points to granting permissions in the registry editor.
This is way out of my league, and I would NOT recommend messing with the registry unless you really, REALLY know what you are doing. Has this happened more than once? And how long were you flying before it happened?

CLSID is an acronym meaning "Class Identifier"
APPID means App ID.

Specific permissions need to be given to allow an app to run, or in this case to
continue to run. Was Windows updating while you were flying? Because if it
was it could be a "One-Off" thing. Have you tried running the game again, maybe
with the Quick Mission builder, to see if it happens again?

This one is WAY over my head, Bruce, so I have to defer to the more tech-savy
individuals here.

Anyone?

(*And it sounds cliche, but have you tried rebooting your system? Sometimes that can be miraculous.)
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

Bsmooth

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2021, 05:49:29 PM »

It could have been updating, but why in the middle of an app. You have to love windows 10.
BTW does IL-2 have a  FPS counter ?

SAS~tsisqua

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 06:04:42 PM »

It could have been updating, but why in the middle of an app. You have to love windows 10.

Because Windows . . . ugh. Yeah, because Windows LOL. :P
I use this free software that is meant especially for your/our card, to count frames, to make movies, to tell me temps, etc.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

If you have a good internet connection you can even use it to live cast to FB or other social media platforms.

Bsmooth

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 08:38:19 PM »

I got FRAPs even though its old it still works, I only got 60 FPS which is sort of a surprise, I thought I would get more. But so far it works OK no crashes. Its funny the crash occured as soon as I got to the germans coming in over the channel. It could be a HD skin that was causing it could it ?

Bsmooth

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 08:56:15 PM »

Man that Spitfire 2B is amazing, especially the cannons. I blazed away with the machine guns and didn't do much, but a quick 2 second blast with the cannons and it just destroys aircraft.

SAS~tsisqua

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 03:41:50 AM »

I have my GeForce settings for IL2 capping my frames at 60. I can get way higher at times, but if the GPU starts chasing after higher frame rates I get "micro-stutters". (Another one of those things to "fiddle" with. Use your own preference, but that may be what it is already set to on your card and you're not seeing higher rates. ;) )

I'd also make sure that my video card drivers are up-to-date. That's another reason I use the "GeForce Experience" software: to manage my driver downloads and keep them updated. The last update added new options which come from tech added for new games. The software is set to only notify me when an update is available, so there's no automatic updating which would occur while I am playing any games. A quick check just now says I'm all current.

2:30, then 3:30, then 5:30 Waking up this morning.
I need sleep meds. :(

Bsmooth

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 10:06:53 AM »

OK so yesterday, I had downloaded and installed the skins for Monty's BOB missions. I ran it yesterday and the skins were there with the marking. This morning I try the same mission 1 and the markings aren't there again. I went in and looked at the mission .mis files thru notepad, and lo and behold there all zeroes again.
  numberOn0 0
  numberOn1 0
  numberOn2 0
Does this mean even though I downloaded the skins I have to go into each mission files and change these to 1's ?
I actually did it for Mission 1 and the skins and marking were fine.

SAS~tsisqua

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »

Does this mean even though I downloaded the skins I have to go into each mission files and change these to 1's ?
I actually did it for Mission 1 and the skins and marking were fine.

Yep. Every .mis file is an individual, sorry to say. You will need to do them all. Luckily they are all in the same folder,
which makes it a little easier. I've had to change other entries in those files for certain campaigns, and it's worth the time.
I'm very glad to see that you are able to enjoy yourself in the air, now. There's still a world of stuff to learn, but learning this
game can be awfully addictive.
]cheers[

Bsmooth

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 11:49:59 AM »

I'm just curious though why would you make the missions with all of the planes with no markings? I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this. I have started to change all the missions, but I'm afraid I only changed the allies planes, and I think the axis planes don't have any markings either.
 If I do get them all changed, should I bother bringing them back here and posting them, or do people in general like to change them themselves ?

Bigmug

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 12:04:37 PM »

Hi Bsmooth,

in case there are no markings (that's what "numberOn 0" does) you'll have to switch them back to numberOn 1 or wipe those lines out (for each flight). There need to be to spaces in front of that line, otherwise it won't work (due to wrong formatting). The numberOn entry makes only sense when you make use of skins that already have markings. In my example above the skins where named as "...black5" etc. which means the skin already carries markings. Most skins are made without markings.
Markings don't need to be downloaded or installed seperatly; they are part of the game. The game provides the skin with national markings (like the British roundel) and squadron codes (according to the squadron chosen for that flight in the FMB or .mis-file) and special squadron insignia (nose art).
So if you have a skin with markings and a numberOn 1 or no numberOn entry the game will apply at least the national markings. This then could show up two roundels as example. So it all depends on the .mis file.
If your changed .mis file has not been saved correctly check write protection for that file / folder.
So why does something like this happen? As a mission maker you set up one flight in FMB. Then shut the FMB down (not the game) tab out and switch to the missions folder and the new .mis file. Now you can copy and paste this flight three times, simply change the last letter  - for example g0101 to g0102 and so on, change the height for each flight and you've got a whole squadron in the air without all that frickling around with waypoints and height tabs and so on. And sometimes you forget to wipe out the numberOn or skin entries or whatever. I call that computerblindness.This for sure was a very old mission, because the games evolution now provides most of the squadrons needed. In former days you have to had a special skin for historical correct markings. 

Code: [Select]

Yes. You can start it via the console.
In your main game folder there is a little file named rcu. Open it with notepad and add the two lines below:

@a on fps START SHOW
@a off fps STOP HIDE

Save it without any ending like .txt

Start your game and open any kind of mission. Press Shift + Tab to activate the console. Now many lines of text are flooding the screen. On the bottom is a blinking chevron waiting for you. Type "on" and a line with red fps information appears on the top. By pressing Shift + Tab again the console disappers but the fps counter stays until you shutdown the game or open the console again and type "off".

Hope it helped a little bit.

Have a nice day,
BigMug 

Bsmooth

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »

I just finished a Monty Bob 01 First of Many mission 25 where you basically just give the upper staff a flight tour of the stations along the coast.
I completed the tour and landed, I got a ring or bell sound and then the mission crashed. I had the log on this time, not the complete log , just the end:
Mission: Single (World At War)/GB/B.O.B. 01 The First of Many (1940) by Monty27/BoB125.mis is Playing
Code: [Select]
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/Default'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'XLampEngHeat'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'XLampGearUpL'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'XLampGearUpR'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'XLampGearDownL'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'XLampGearDownR'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'RUSBase'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'RUS'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'RUS_TAND_L'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'RUS_TAND_R'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'SHAS_RUCH_T'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'PROP_CONTR'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'STREL_ALT_SHRT1'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'STRELK_TEMP_RAD'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'zRadFlap'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'STRELK_V_SHORT'
WARNING: TRenderManager::TriangleList_ProjectiveShadow()- internal buffer overflow.
Too many vertexes or faces per shadow hier mesh!
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap1_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap2_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap3_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap4_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap5_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap6_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap7_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap8_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap9_D0'
INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Cowflap10_D0'
ERROR !mp3 stream error samples/Music/Radio/Radio_Paris/BO_Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - There'll Be Some Changes Made.wav

ERROR !mp3 stream error samples/Music/Radio/Radio_Paris/BO_Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - There'll Be Some Changes Made.wav

ERROR !mp3 stream error samples/Music/Radio/Radio_Paris/BO_Peggy Lee - That Old Feeling.wav

ERROR !mp3 stream error samples/Music/Radio/Radio_Paris/BO_Peggy Lee - That Old Feeling.wav

WARNING: TRenderManager::TriangleList_ProjectiveShadow()- internal buffer overflow.
ERROR !mp3 stream error samples/Music/Radio/Radio_Paris/AR_Benny Goodman & His Orchestra Feat. Peggy Lee - Why Don't You Do Right_.wav

ERROR !mp3 stream error samples/Music/Radio/Radio_Paris/AR_Benny Goodman & His Orchestra Feat. Peggy Lee - Why Don't You Do Right_.wav

WARNING: To many faces 2988 or Vertexes  7199
exception at <67>

-------------------------------- MISSION COMPLETE ---------------------
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.