Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random CDT during missions  (Read 421 times)

mac1

• Modder
Random CDT during missions
« on: September 16, 2021, 10:14:37 AM »

So I've recentyl decided to come back to Il2 and fly BAT, which I never had the chance to do before. Fresh install, applied megapatch, installed BAT up to V4.1.3 including Blue Edge. Game loads fine and some QMB flights blew the cobwebs away!

Unfortunately, during some missions that I've downloaded from the BAT singles, and some of Monty's missions, give me random CTD. The latest CTD logfile is below:

Lots of Java errors though not something I can trace as I've been out of the game way too long.
Hopefully someone could throw in their two cents here.

Truncated log was too too long to post so I've added a link here:https://pastebin.com/XECa49rD

Here's a second link to a CDT log from a separate mission: https://pastebin.com/5wWfXg3S

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Random CDT during missions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 10:37:18 AM »

Log one contains exactly one error (a few hundred times):
Code: [Select]
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.cars.CarGAB3$TugTrolley
at com.maddox.il2.ai.air.Maneuver.getEvadePoint(Maneuver.java:10021)

Log two is truncated. BAT internally ensures that truncation cannot happen, so let me please ask you to post the full log again.
And while you're at it, you could mention which mission precisely this happens on.

]cheers[
Mike
You live, you learn, you love, you're dead.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 01:38:21 AM »

All I can say is, that mission plays fine for me.
All cars are moving, no entries in the log. Mystery.

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 05:09:32 AM »

Log one contains exactly one error (a few hundred times):
Code: [Select]
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.cars.CarGAB3$TugTrolley
at com.maddox.il2.ai.air.Maneuver.getEvadePoint(Maneuver.java:10021)

Log two is truncated. BAT internally ensures that truncation cannot happen, so let me please ask you to post the full log again.
And while you're at it, you could mention which mission precisely this happens on.

]cheers[
Mike

Thanks Mike, the mission for log 2 is "campaign/gb/1940_bob1_crisis/BoB101.mis...", so its the first mission in Monty's BoB First of Many. The log I've pasted was in no way edited or truncated by me, that's just how it came. I'll try to reproduce the error.

The mission for log 1 is "Single (World At War)/GB/1942 Lancaster Tour of Duty by Hamm66/Mission01.mis."

Cheers

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 05:10:24 AM »

All I can say is, that mission plays fine for me.
All cars are moving, no entries in the log. Mystery.

Thanks vampire, I'm wondering if I've missed something. Is there a file integrity check that I can run to ensure that the clean install + BAT + updates is as it should be?

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 08:41:18 AM »

Ok so flying Monty's "Their Finest Hour" mission one, I get a CTD with a warning dialogue i.e. IL2 has crashed and can no longer continue. Log is here on pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/zwdWNMin

Mission Compelte dialogue flashed on screen, mission continued and when approaching the runway to land, CTD. I'm not sure its captured in the log at all?

Edit: This is starting to look like a conf.ini issue. After removing the suggested conf.ini that is on page one of BAT 1.0 the issues appear to have disappeared. I'm wondering whether its a graphics issue. I believe that the error may be due to a setting or flag in the OpenGL render section of the conf.ini.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 10:26:18 AM »

Well...I thought that this must be a DLL problem or maybe a graphics setting problem too...

Make sure to run the game in OpenGL and then search the forums here for the best settings in the OpenGL section of the conf.ini depending on the GPU you have...
Also maybe you need to experiment with the HD DLLs a little...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.