Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The secret of screenshot  (Read 447 times)

Flieger

The secret of screenshot
« on: July 21, 2021, 07:21:40 AM »

Play IL-2. Dogfight. Good scene before sunset. Hit stop. Will take screenshot. How? It doesn't work with microsoft. Keyboard not responsible. In SAS forum a thousand keywords for 'screenshot'. Explain everything and nothing. No post found that tells me how to do it. All seem to be able to do it. The forum is full of nice posts. Am i paranoid? Probably. Which flying psycologist can help me. Thanks in advance.
No war has wiped out all idiots.

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: The secret of screenshot
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 08:56:10 AM »

What's wrong with the "PrintScreen" key?

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies
While ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide
While love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.

Matz

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »

Just a couple of thoughts (too hot for more than two)....

Is Screenshot Type set to a format your pc will read (not everyone can access TGA files) ?

and

Does CONF.ini have this line (in red) ?

[HotKey game]
PrintScreen=ScreenShot

I overlooked the TGA thing a while back....

Flieger

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »

First to Mike. Thank you, you opened a locked box. Has no 'PrintScreen' but a 'Print' button. I thought that could amount to the same thing. But whenever I pressed it during the game, my plane was zoomed in. So I thought that was it.  But since you pointed out this key to me again, I studied Google and found out that I have to press 'Print + FN'. Then it works!! Saved in Apa Data / Local / Temp. However, only one screenshot is available at a time. Then I downloaded 'clipboarder'. So I should be able to take as many screenshots as I want. And about Matz ... my screenshot type says tga. That cannot be changed either. The entry is available in (Hot Key). That seems OK. Nevertheless, first of all thanks for your inspiring help on the point :).
~solved~
No war has wiped out all idiots.

Matz

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »

Hi Flieger,
Just a final thought, then I'll be off my soap-box.
If the screen shot system is working properly it should put the images into \IL-2...\MyScreenShots ......(IIRC)
so I think what you have working is a system screen show rather than a IL-2 screen shot.

I'm not sure which version / mod system you have now, but as the Screen shot key can only be assigned in the CONF.ini file, my suggestion is to use a separate key (maybe F12 - or any unused Function key)
I have tested it on my setup and now F12 is the Print screen key (must remember to change that back)

This also might be useful - https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38.msg45.html#msg45

Cheers
Matz

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 11:08:42 PM »

Sounds like you've configured Xbox Game DVR to use "PrintScreen" (in your case: Fn+Print, because your Keyboard has combined "Paste" and "Print" on one key) as Screenshot Hotkey, which is why IL-2 can't use that key shortcut anymore.
There's two possibilities to solve this.
Either you open up the Game DVR settings (you must have done so before as the default settings have been changed) and reset the "PrintScreen" function to the default (Windows-Key + Alt + PrtScn, In your case: Windows-Key+Alt+Fn+Print).
Or you disable Xbox Game DVR altogether: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies
While ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide
While love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.

jpten

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 05:34:27 PM »

Just to add to the above linked info about file types.  JPEG uses a data compression. Good enough for simple screenshots but TGA, if you have an image processing program like PhotoShop, GIMP, DeepPaint...etc, would give true-color and greater image processing ability with a much larger file size.  I would expect that a TGA screenshot could always be made to look better than the same image in JPEG.  It depends on your image editing ability.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.