Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Im new to the forum.  (Read 416 times)

Aztop033

Im new to the forum.
« on: July 19, 2021, 05:02:10 AM »

Hello! I would gladly appreciate if someone helped me on how to mod my il-2 1946 because im new to modding and im new to this forum. My il-2 1946 version is 4.12.2m. Thank's a lot! It would be cool if someone showed me around the parts of the forum.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: Im new to the forum.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 06:33:56 AM »

Welcome to SAS Aztop033! You've come to the right place. The community here is excellent.

First step to modding your IL-2 is knowing what you want to do with it, as there are lots of fine options available. If you want to stick with the 4.12.2 version you have already, and if you have a halfway decent PC, then I'd advise you to look at BAT: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,63246.msg696450.html#msg696450

The BAT install is a multi-step process, depending on how much you want to use. It can be a single huge ww2 and 1946 installation, or it can be all that plus a ww1 era, a 30's "Golden Era", and a slick late 50's to modern day jet era all wrapped into one glorious package.

This would be my number one recommendation for OFFLINE play. It has everything, including a handful of mods not in general circulation, at least by my understanding.

DOWNSIDE to BAT: It is a HUGE install, and a HUGE, MUlti-step download and installation process. If HD space or internet bandwidth are concerns then you may have trouble here. If you make a mistake on the installation it simply will not work. That'll be no fun. Ask for help (In the appropriate thread) if needed. There are usually multiple people around that will assist you.

BAT is in effect the current, biggest, baddest, bang for your buck. I JUST recently installed it myself, and it's Glorious. If you take your time, and read the instructions twice or three times at every step, you can have something incredible.

As Always: !!MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR ENTIRE IL-2 INSTALLATION BEFORE MODDING!!

Seriously, this one point should be the anthem around here, because the floor is perpetually slick with the tears of those who didn't heed that warning.... do not join their ranks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in ONLINE Multiplayer, then really, the ONLY way to go is UP3 in its latest updated form: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,62392.msg686554.html#msg686554

Here you'll find the most up-to-date version of UP3, and its latest patch (9). UP3 is a distinctly WW2 focused, online optimized, version, with a few key features that set it apart from the competition. Particularly, we have the "Moving Dogfight Server" offering incredible depth, and we have Rearm, Refuel, Repair, so that you can land and repair your plane, and takeoff again(without respawning). These are only available in UP3 currently and likely forever.

In addition: If Online multiplayer interests you, there are a couple strong player groups that meet weekly or bi-weekly depending on what your schedule permits, and who ask no real obligation except your enjoyment and a good attitude. I will personally vouch for both of these groups because I've had the privilege of flying with both.

As with BAT, installation of UP3 is a multistep process so attention and care is necessary. Read the instructions carefully, and ask for help (In the appropriate thread) if needed. There are usually multiple people around that will assist you.

DOWNSIDE to UP3: There really isn't one at all...

UP3 is simply the best way to enjoy IL-2 in ONLINE action. If that's your thing, look no further.

As Always: !!MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR ENTIRE IL-2 INSTALLATION BEFORE MODDING!!

Seriously, this one point should be the anthem around here, because the floor is perpetually slick with the tears of those who didn't heed that warning.... do not join their ranks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, Welcome aboard, ask questions, have fun. Just be sure your tech support questions go into the appropriate threads, and not into the public chat.

All the best:
Fresco

cogito, ergo sum armatus

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 07:39:46 AM »

Best regards,

Gerhard                           
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Aztop033

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 11:14:10 PM »

Thank You so much for the support! I’l try bat soon. I also have one question, Any possible way to downgrade your il-2 from 4.12.2m to 4.12m?

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:23:41 AM »

Why would you need to do that Aztop?
cogito, ergo sum armatus

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 08:03:00 AM »

Welcome, you already have the good version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.