Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPOD REPLACEMENT?  (Read 940 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
iPOD REPLACEMENT?
« on: June 10, 2021, 03:55:02 AM »

Hi Guys just putting this out there incase any of you are into ipods etc?
Our ipod classic gave up the ghost a few months back (HD Stylus stuck!!), we have everything backed up on the PC on a dedicated HDD.
My question is;
We dont really want to get another ipod (although we have an outdoor Outcast speaker system and bluetooth docking station set up for ipod) I have done a little research but cant seem to find a decent replacement? Do you guys have any advice? Can you recommend a decent alternative to the ipod?
Thanks for any input
Cheers
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
Re: iPOD REPLACEMENT?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 04:11:04 AM »

I mean if you have an iPhone or android phone, aren't those what we use these days..? I had an iPod Touch but with my Note 4, and a 256 gb Micro-SD it's my all in one.

Is this a joke tread by any chance..? Sorry but like, I mean... Really? These days even in cars, with the car systems, it's all 'your mobile phone and bluetooth/wifi'.  :-X
Current activity: Giving his E46 330ci some TLC.

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:59:54 AM »

For what an iPod does, it does incredibly well. I'd get another iPod.

I have a classic from 2005 under the front seat of my truck handling my music library and still doing fine.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 09:41:26 AM »

IPods where nothing but cheap produced expensive lower Midrange Players not capable DSP.
Fact, Todays technology gets you DSP/HD Audio for the lower price of such back then IPOD.
I dunno the actual price of your IPOD, but I can say for 130€ you get a DSP ready HD Player Today.
Back in time, such Player costed over 1000€.

Comparance IPOd Touch 350€~ for the same price you get a full ready DSP Player + quality Headphones capable DPS

bought 2001- it's still alive Today 2021
playing, recording in DSP  8)

Galaxy S9 introduced DSP chips to the Galaxy & Notes Series
Today I use my S9 with JetAudioPro and Bonjiovi DSP Addon, Sony MDR 7506 Monitor HeadPhones.
This Setup is for me needed to get lower Volumes, I have Tinnitus.
Cheap headphones and no Bonjiovi DPS would kill my ears, they have higher Volumes availl then.

If you need more, check out Headphone Amps.

My old S5 is good too, but I have a cracked Display on that beauty. Meeeeeeehhhhh  :( ::( :P

The question is not in our time, it never was, the Ipods where not at any time better in quality terms than
already availlable DSP solutions.
As Ricky said, go for a good Smartphone, it's easy as that, have BT, everywhere you want

If you don't care for DSP, take any reasonable solution outside the Apple universe, you'll see the world still turns then.

Although you can keep your IPod docking station as memory. Put it up as a Familly Picture Holder.
It serves good use then.

Cheers
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 08:47:20 PM »

Cheers guys my main concern is can my ipod/itunes backup be installed onto these other devices? Think Samsung phones are ok looking on youtube.
A joke thread? Really? Just not up to date with modern gizmos
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

hoddyman

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 09:27:04 PM »

I’ve got two IPods, and there’s nothing that quite does what they do as a dedicated music player.  The trend is that they want you connected and subscribed, and just streaming everything, instead of collecting it yourself. There are kits that convert an old IPod to using a high-capacity SSD, and I had my old 80 gig IPod converted to one of 128 gigs. The guys at “U Break I Fix” did it for me for around $350 bucks- though it took them forever to get the parts. It works as well or better than it ever did. I also bought a “Fiio” player that actually works well and sounds good. It’s even capable of playing Apple “AAC” and “lossless” files, and it runs on a micro-SD card that you put your music on. It also has built-in Bluetooth.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 03:27:42 AM »

Thanks hoddyman I will check out the fiio - im thinking my best option is to get a refurbished ipod from ebay?

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 05:36:03 AM »

Never change a running horse.
Me and my silly ideas?!

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 10:12:11 PM »

Looking into all options tobias and your idea is very promising - gotta maake a decision soon got a mate bringing over my choice in July! Post service here in TRNC is hit and miss!
Mick

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 06:14:15 AM »

Hi FYI we opted for a used ipod from ebay - took the easy option sorry!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 26 queries.