Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My plane explodes on start.  (Read 407 times)

RasterOp98

• First IL-2 GB, now adding IL-2 1946 BAT
My plane explodes on start.
« on: June 09, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »

Hello BAT Tech Help-ers;

I am a brand newcomer to IL-2 1946.  No experience with earlier versions of the game.

I am comparing vanilla Steam 4.12.2m with BAT v4.1.3 .  My 1946 BAT comprises: a copy of Steam 4.12.2m updated with BAT v4.0, v4.1.1, v4.1.2, v4.1.3 (so WAW era module only).

When I select Single Missions>Bf-109 N1>Brief>Fly> the system loads various things and then starts the mission--with player cockpit view in the midst of an  explosion.  Player external view seems to show two planes having collided?  See images in link below (I am not allowed to post links, so some assembly required, sorry.)   

https:// i.postimg.cc/FHbqNYb3/2021-06-09-14-50-34-Photos.png

here's my log file: https:// pastebin.com/embed_js/9BY7357z

I should also add that:

The mission works fine in vanilla Steam 4.12.2m. 

The exploding plane behavior shows up as early as BAT 4.0 and doesn't goes away with the subsequent updates through v4.1.3.

If i instead start the mission in position "2. Flight Wingman"  I spawn in the air with my undercarriage retracted, engine seized, prop blades bent (but otherwise whole), in free fall and exploding on impact.

The error logs have lots of errors and warnings so i'm not sure what to make of them.  I have seen some comments on "exploding planes" on this forum but have not been able to figure out my problem.   

Thanks for any help.
Enjoying IL-2 1946 4.12.2m on Steam, and BAT v4.1.3 (WAW era module only).

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
Re: My plane explodes on start.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:22:17 AM »

Welcome to Il-2 and BAT then

what you experience is typical for what happens when you play a mission with incompatible content to your modded install. Usually it's either a plane missing or a loadout that's not available or has a different name.

Why can that be you ask. Over the years (decades, centuries.... ) of Il-2 modding, many planes have gone through several modding and "upgrade" cycles. A lot of that came with heavily modified loadout lists compared to the old stock iteration of that plane.
Some modders do not care or in the past did not care about mission backwards compatibility and renamed all load outs they could get their hands on, while massively extending the loadout lists.  (Today in BAT we look after these things and try to avoid this happening when possible. But we can't turn back time. Only Cher can do that.)

Now if you go and play an old stock mission, that loadout is no longer available either for the player aircraft or any AI flight. That results in the "explode on spawn"or "pink plane falling from the sky" bug.

The log tells you what it is in your case:

Mission error, ID_04: java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon set 'U3R6-MG151-20' not registered in air.BF_109G6
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon set 'U3R6-MG151-20' not registered in air.BF_109G6

Open the mission in Full Mission Builder and look at the aircraft there. You will find the aircraft showing "default" where there should be a loadout entered. That is your culprit. Set an available loadout (something like the one you're looking for should exist, just by a slightly different name) and save. That should be all to play the mission.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »

What vampire says.

Check the Single Mission Community Packs. The first pack comes with revised versions of all stock mission.
NG-HUD v3.6 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

RasterOp98

• First IL-2 GB, now adding IL-2 1946 BAT
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 09:41:20 PM »

Hello @vampire_pilot (and @whistler);

Welcome to Il-2 and BAT then
:
<confidence building comments & background info on BAT>
:
<concrete steps on troubleshooting my specific issue>
:
<a pointer to FMB so I could possibly fix the mission>

Many thanks @vampire_pilot, for taking the time and trouble with your reply.  ]thumbsup[  I was able to use FMB to replace the U3R6-MG151-20 loadouts with R6-2XMG151-20.  Seems to fix the mission--at least enough so that I can fly it.   Next thing I know, @whistler chimes in with more goodness--all the Single Missions that are in base v4.12.2m are included/fixed in Volume 1 of the Single Mission Community Packs, and are tagged with a "[Stock] " prefix!   

What vampire says.

Check the Single Mission Community Packs. The first pack comes with revised versions of all stock mission.

All in all, quite a BAT welcome...thanks again, @vampire_pilot and @whistler.

Closing thought: If the [Stock] missions in Volume 1 of the Single Mission Community Packs could instead be incorporated into RED CORE then newcomers to BAT would be spared "explode on spawn" or "pink plane falling from the sky" hiccups.  Am sure it's not a new thought...just 2 more cents. :)
Enjoying IL-2 1946 4.12.2m on Steam, and BAT v4.1.3 (WAW era module only).

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 05:07:07 AM »

Regarding this old and tricky problem: sometimes it can help by just opening the mission in question in FMB and saving it.

But the rule is: if the mission starts with your aircraft exploding or falling down from the sky, then there is a faulty load-out somewhere, on any of the aircraft in the mission - i.e. not just the players own.
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.