Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any alternative not to play with the keyboard?  (Read 455 times)

Leonydas_223

Any alternative not to play with the keyboard?
« on: May 18, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »

Hi guys!

How do you play the game? Do you use console joysticks? flight stick? or keyboard?
I play with keyboard but it makes the plane move very abrupt, i tried conecting my PS4 joystick but i canĀ“t use the right stick to look around, do you guys know a better way to adjust the controls to the joystick to make it more comfortable? is there a mod to fix that? or a mod to add settings to enhance the experience with a console joystick?

Thank you in advance!
PD: English is not my main language, so if you don't understand something let me know.

genXgamer

• Player
Re: Any alternative not to play with the keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 08:37:58 PM »

G'day Leonydas_223

This is a flight sim, at the very least get yourself a flight controller.
It doesn't have to be expensive, I highly recommend the Logitech Extreme Pro.
Most here myself included would also have a throttle and rudder pedals, these can be pricey.
Thrustmaster have some good combo and bundle packages available, it's up to you how far you take it.

P.S. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl such a great game!
Go in quickly.....Punch hard.....Get out !

Hans-Joachim Marseille

• "Ni!"
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 12:17:44 AM »

Ever since I'm using XBox360-Controller (PC)  and Keyboard for this game and I'm used to it.Only thing I never got to work is to bind look around with right stick but nevermind. ;)
"I been bad, I been good - Dallas, Texas, Hollywood I ain't askin' for much, I say, Lord take me downtown - I'm just lookin' for some tush." Dusty Hill  1949-2021. Rock in Peace, hombre.

Leonydas_223

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »

G'day Leonydas_223

This is a flight sim, at the very least get yourself a flight controller.
It doesn't have to be expensive, I highly recommend the Logitech Extreme Pro.
Most here myself included would also have a throttle and rudder pedals, these can be pricey.
Thrustmaster have some good combo and bundle packages available, it's up to you how far you take it.

P.S. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl such a great game!

Thanks bro! where I live now there are many taxes to buy on the internet, so I'll see if I can get some flyght controller in a store around here.

Leonydas_223

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 09:00:51 AM »

Ever since I'm using XBox360-Controller (PC)  and Keyboard for this game and I'm used to it.Only thing I never got to work is to bind look around with right stick but nevermind. ;)

Hi bro! yeah me to, i have an program that simulates an Xbox 360 controller when i plug in my PS4 controller, and the only thing i could do with the right stick was vertical and horizontal movement of the pilot. What settings do you use to play? I mean, what does each key on the keyboard and each button on the joystick do?

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »

You might also want to invest in a Track IR (or equivalent) for looking around.  I for one don't go without it for a flight sim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.