Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated version of the Edlor Hs-126 including Dreamk weapon updates.  (Read 12453 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Updated version of the Edlor Hs-126 including Dreamk weapon updates.
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2021, 07:50:52 AM »

Hello guys, In trying to fix one thing I created another. :-[

Version 2 of the gun blister fix is now in the first page, please use the new version, Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 06:57:38 AM »

Maybe it must to be fixed:

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 01:51:54 PM »

Maybe it must to be fixed:

In what way?

The skis I think were part of the aircraft that Edlor used as the base for his Hs-126, they appear only on one of the versions, I doubt skis would be fitted if there were spats and for Greece I do not know.

The only information I have is a side view drawing, nothing else, no photographs or full plans.  I do not know if wood or metal was used, only that they were applied in the Soviet Union during the conflict.

My reference book:  Henschel Hs126, Rodert Pansk and Robert Peczkowski.  Mushroom Model Publications, Orange series No 8108.  Printed in Poland.

Take care and be safe.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 11:48:26 PM »

Pete, Hi!
The Hs126 could be equipped with metallic skis of characteristic shape:

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2021, 05:28:52 AM »

The Hs126 could be equipped with metallic skis
Thanx for history shots, Dreamk! That was aluminium skies for winter landing gear in time of East front campaign, its clear now.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »

The Hs126 could be equipped with metallic skis
Thanx for history shots, Dreamk! That was aluminium skies for winter landing gear in time of East front campaign, its clear now.

So is that what you were asking for Toobone for the skis to be metal not wood?

Your gave no other information in your post except what you put in the image are we supposed to guess?

Pete, Hi!
The Hs126 could be equipped with metallic skis of characteristic shape:

Thank you very much for the images Dreamk, really appreciated. 8)

I did not actually make or fit the skis so do not know where they are from but I assume Edlor
intended to use them as they are and had the necessary information to to show him what they
looked like, personally I had no idea of what the skis were made of, mention is made in the book
I have that skis were fitted on the Eastern Front, however, it does not specify as far as I can see
whether metal or wood was used so I left them as they were.

Anyway, they do not take the wood effect from the aircraft skin so I presume they have their
own texture so maybe someone could re-paint them to represent something made from metal. ;)

Take care and be safe.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 04:22:19 AM »

Hello guys, I managed to load up the existing skis into gmax to have a look. ;)

The reason for the wood overall is that the parts are mapped to two different textures, skis and WhiteMetal,
from what I can tell the overall ski uses a matt file that calls up 'WoodH1.tga' and a second 'WhiteMetal'
seems to be for the bar at the end:

The shape of the ski is not much different to those shown by Dreamk, his show more curvature
but is it worth making new meshes?

The existing skis could be mapped to the aircraft skins that way particular areas such as sides, top and
bottom could have whatever colours the painter desires but to fit them I will have to shrink them a little
to fit what areas are still available:

The quickest way would be I think just to repaint the 'WoodH1.tga' a different colour but you would still
be left with the overall skis in a single colour.

So guys, decissions, decisions, what to do then?

Just change the texture colour?

Make new skis with a more rounded shape?   (With their own map or applied to the aircraft skin texture?)

Map the existing meshes to the aircraft skin?   (all the existing skins would need updating)

Your thoughts please, what exactly would you prefer?

Take care and be safe.

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2021, 05:20:35 AM »

Your gave no other information in your post except what you put in the image are we supposed to guess?

Sorry, Mission_bug, I didn't know anything about the ski material before these histo-photos from Dreamk. Just by the color & texture of the skis that appeared in-game it was not clear what they were made of. Thats all.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 05:40:28 AM »

I'll try and see whether I can find time to make new meshes for these skis in the coming days.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 06:13:46 AM »

Sorry, Mission_bug, I didn't know anything about the ski material before these histo-photos from Dreamk. Just by the color & texture of the skis that appeared in-game it was not clear what they were made of. Thats all.

No problem Toobone, I was not sure just what you wanted fixing from what you had posted. ;)

I'll try and see whether I can find time to make new meshes for these skis in the coming days.

Thank you very much Dreamk, really appreciated. 8)

Until Toobone posted I was unaware anyone had issues with the skis, to me personally wood or metal did not matter and
as I had no good information myself prior to that I just left them as they were originally.

Take care and be safe.

wolf44

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 11:03:20 AM »

Hello! I installed Hs-126, it flies in vp modpack 4.12.2.Very nice work!Thank you! The rear gunner doesn't it work or is it just my problem?

Thank you again!
Stay safe,all the best!
wolf44
A lord is a lord! In the air, on the ground and ... underground!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 05:24:53 AM »

Hello wolf44, sorry for the late answer, the rear gun turret cannot be used by the player but does or did work for the AI last I looked. ;)

Many of the aircraft here are like this, getting turrets to work is a pain so many just post the slot as pilot only with no facility to occupy other positions.

Following a rather harrowing flight through the Greek mountains pursued by Italian Biplanes in a new campaign I found visibility particularly problematical
so spent some time last night having a look, first of all I removed the headrest from the existing cockpit but that only gave marginal improvement looking
backward so I opted to use the cockpit from the actual model itself but retaining the instruments already set up:

The canopy is full at the moment and needs a few bits welding but I will cut off the windscreen and check if
there is already the code to open and shut it.

Just tinkering for now, not sure if this will get finished or not. :D

Take care and be safe.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 28 queries.