Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Bird! - New Sino-Japanese War Campaign  (Read 2798 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Metal Bird! - New Sino-Japanese War Campaign
« on: May 13, 2021, 04:45:30 AM »

Yes, I do love those odd types, not least those from the mid-war years! And I adore the Art Deco, Blixt Gordon-ish look of the Breda Ba.27 "Metallico", so much that I made a small campaign for that little beauty of ZFlyer48:

This is a 6-mission static campaign where you take the role of an Italian mercenary pilot, flying the Breda Ba.27 "Metallico" for the Chinese Airforce against the Japanese. (Italy, as well as Germany, at this stage supplied the Kuomintang regime of Chiang Kai-chek with materiel and advisors. Against cash, of course.) The Year is 1937, and the Sino-Japanese war has just started. You are based on an airfield on the coast of the Chinese mainland, a bit south of Shanghai. The campaign makes use of a number of randomizers, meaning that things like the weather, the time of day and the strength of the opposition will vary. If you replay it will probably not be exactly the same.

You can download it here: https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1205

The campaign is based on history. (Of sorts.) The Breda 27 was turned down by the Regia Aeronautica, and also offered to Norway (!) but was eventually bought by the Chinese Central Government. Of the 18 aircraft ordered 11 were delivered (in 1936), these being assigned to the 29th Pursuit Sqn at Canton.

Some shiny screenies here:

Thanks for looking, and most of all: thanks to ZFlyer for this lovely little gem!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Flieger

Re: Metal Bird! - New Sino-Japanese War Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 07:12:36 AM »

SAS POLTAVA. It looks wonderful and interesting. I admire your skills. Can I integrate it into VP MODPACK Il- 2Sturmovi_Il-2 Selector 3.1.1 v4.12.2m SAS Modactivator 5.30 and SAS controllable AI aircraft v 5.30. Am a complete beginner. Thanks for a answer.
No war has wiped out all idiots.

Flieger

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:30:55 AM »

Hi Poltave, Maybe my first post got lost, so again ...your mission looks wonderful and interesting. I envy your skills. It will be my first mission that I install. Wish me luck.
No war has wiped out all idiots.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 08:16:12 AM »

Thanks for the appreciation! Good luck over China!  ;)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

David Prosser

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 06:46:46 AM »

I just finished playing this a couple of hours ago. I enoyed it. The missions chosen were imaginitive, and logical.

cheers

David

Samurai999

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 02:30:21 AM »

Very good company! :P There haven't been any for a long time. It's a pity there aren't enough missions. :(

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 11:44:32 AM »

Just about to finish nice campaign maybe the FM of the Ba-27 could be toned down a bit as it stands seems better than the Cr.32 wonder why it was discarded :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 28 queries.