Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WIP - Formosa Basic Map v.1.1  (Read 19127 times)

flying_spud

• Spittin' Fire
Re: WIP - Formosa Basic Map v.1.1
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »

Is that Ishigaki I see over towards the right edge of the map? Will be great for BPF ops with Corsair Mk. 1V's, Avengers and Seafires methinks as well as Formosa battles.  :)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 04:53:02 PM »

Here's a view of a landscape with houses.

There's not much in the way of variation in Far East objects to choose from, so cities would tend to look rather monotonous. And still being busy with other maps, I thought of a way that members who are eager to see this map done, could help out a bit, should they wish to.

Not everyone needs to know how to use the map-maker to make a city or an industrial site or an airfield.

I can now easily extract objects from a .mis file and place them into the map afterwards. Sometimes these are called mission templates But whatever the name, anyone can make a mission file with nicely arraigned objects for a city, a hamlet or village or whatever.

It culd perhaps get things going on this map, should anyone wish to try out their skills at making a .mis file in the FMB for this map.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 05:03:47 AM »

Hello Sir Agracier,

Well, Yes I think that is a great idea what you suggested regarding map templates.
If people can not make maps but want to input something towards them a mission template would by ideal.
That is how I really startedoff in IL-2 I built a mission template for the Burma map a couple of years ago. I think it is still on M4T.

If there was  eventially enough templates maybe a new forum section could be possibly attained just for that. Desert, Med, Asian, Euro, Pacific, Winter, Summer etc.

On the topic of your Formosa map I have a 2d message at the bottom of the screen in my normal game.

What is the file path for your texture file? _Tex/ag or _Tex/land/summer/ag

Unusual for your maps to do this. Just need a file path to be sure.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun
I also have a map of China coast/Formosa in my China thread.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »

Finally finished a new version of this Formosa map, with new textures and more airfields, and a larger actors and new FMB maps:

https://www.mediafire.com/?m2ze2vicxmj

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »

Forgot to add here that it is done with textures by Redko. I just couldn't get a good set together so I tried it out with the Okinawa and Kyushu textures by Redko. That was what was needed.

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 05:56:18 AM »

Agracier, are you going to make Taiwan Strait map for post KTO Sabres vs MiGs combat too? You know, Formosa island moved east and Chinese coast on the west of map?

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 07:03:36 AM »

Agracier, are you going to make Taiwan Strait map for post KTO Sabres vs MiGs combat too? You know, Formosa island moved east and Chinese coast on the west of map?

It's planned - maybe by stitching part of the China coast onto this map. But have to have some time to do that first ... in theory it shouldn't be too hard, but it's all that pixel perfect placement that makes it a bit tricky ...

stugumby

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\New Folder\Formosa - v1.2.rar: CRC failed in MODS\mapmods\maps\_Tex\ag\Formosa\NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood4.tga. The file is corrupt

Getting this error as i try to unzip it.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 03:17:29 PM »

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\New Folder\Formosa - v1.2.rar: CRC failed in MODS\mapmods\maps\_Tex\ag\Formosa\NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood4.tga. The file is corrupt

You can either get the same file from your texture files here:

...MODS/mapmods/maps/_Tex/forest/summer ...

Or you can also edit your load.ini file by changing the line containing this texture into another filename ...

Wood0 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood0.tga
Wood1 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood2.tga
Wood3 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood3.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood4.tga

into this for instance:

Wood1 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood2.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood3.tga

This shouldn't matter much in the way the trees will look ...

stugumby

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 04:45:36 PM »

Yes indeedy, i found the same file in the files folder and inported it and now it works great.

Just a quick question on the New britain map: can you land seaplanes on the shallow water along the coast, i tried it in a rufe and promptly ripped my float off etc several tries same result.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »

Just a quick question on the New britain map: can you land seaplanes on the shallow water along the coast, i tried it in a rufe and promptly ripped my float off etc several tries same result.

I've never tried it ... but I will next time i start up Il2 ... some of the shallows are very shallow indeed, though I have no idea if the game can detect it as such for the purpose of landings with floatplanes ... if it can then this is an even more detailed game than I thought ...

I'm such a lousy pilot than I almost always crash when landing, so I wouldn't have noticed it anyway ... but have you perhaps tried taking off from shallow water? If you can take off, then I would suppose you could land just as well ...

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:12 PM »

I just stumbled over this wonderful map last night.

IMHO very very much worth being considered as a future jet war map.

I have no idea which version I downloaded, I would like to know which is the most pupulated one, a little confused.

I made a very simple mission, only a flight and 4 carriers floating over the island.  ;) ;D
I rather doubt that is what you might need to populate it. :P

I used 4.09m and Histomod, had an issue loading, so I replaced 2 entries for wood with 2 alternative ones from my tex folder.
"

[WOOD]
Wood1 = forest/summer/whc_wood_light_11.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/whc_wood_light_11.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/NTL_Darwin_Small_Wood4.tga

"

Really huge potential there...checked Google for the sea colour and made it blue, sorry for that.
Let me know if I can help somehow get this baby forward, if there is interest, however, no modding knowledge here.

Thanks again...

So many unexplored ;) maps around.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.