Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random tactical numbers  (Read 1266 times)

Alien_12

Random tactical numbers
« on: April 22, 2021, 02:14:24 AM »

Is there a chance I could have random tactical numbers for all air forces, especially Luftwaffe? And I mean truly random, not just swapped up like in MAT Manager. Maybe such mod does exist which I'm not aware of?

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
Re: Random tactical numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:31:34 AM »

Two options:
1) Change in mats files
2) Change name of textures number

EDIT:

My mods for some US, GB and DE
https://www.mediafire.com/?dw7ecyqhjpsxyy6
Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot

Bigmug

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:48:45 AM »

Hi!
As far as I know there is no mod to change the Luftwaffe markings.
The markings are bound to the unit you choose for the planes. Bombers have numbers and letters (A3+EH), whilst fighters use letters only (3+-), often in combination with a tactical sign like the chevron.

Here you can find more information:
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/markings.html
; pictures you'll get by google search.

Stationary aircraft gets their markings from the game which is sometimes funny. There are no fighters with a tactical number like 86. To avoid this, you can create a taxi to takeoff waypoint and assign that to a spawnpoint (generic spawnpoint plane). Give the object the correct number by choosing the unit. Then give them a starttime after missions end and they will sit there as eyecandy with correct markings until you come home. However the game provides something like "Stab III/JG 26" and you can assign a complete Gruppe (up to 64 planes) to it - in real life Stab units consisted of 4 - 6 planes featuring special markings ( <| + - ). I'd really appreciate a mod for assigning those special markings to a chosen plane...
If you want those special markings, you'll need a skin for this. Even though there are tons of them, the historical correctness is often not given, as paint scemes differ, too. So you might get a skin with the Kommodore markings, but the paint sceme is for the desert. Makes no sense up in Norway.

Hope it helped a bit.

Have a nice day,
BigMug

Alien_12

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 03:22:09 PM »

Thank both of you, and Ranwers, I will try your mod out.

prille59

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 03:36:42 PM »

Hi
Is there something similar site to finnish ac tactical numbers and color, winter war and Continuation War?
Im doing a finnish campaign but its very confusing with tactical numbers/colors.

Thanks in advance
prille59

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 02:50:29 AM »

If Default Skins are messed up, the cure is simple, I did that for my DBW Installs.
Simply create a Mod for all the Planes you need proper Defaults for.
That's easy. Use cache on option in conf.ini and the plethora of Skins out there.
DIY
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 11:30:16 PM »

Didnt work  in Redcore for me sadly - crashed lots of single missions
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.