Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: questions on jet era  (Read 196 times)

F.Savage

• It's my first day
questions on jet era
« on: April 11, 2021, 01:11:30 PM »

I've recently tried to install Jet Era mod.
i have modact , up, all working fine with any or all available mods in jsgme working eg flyables , catapult ....
downloaded and installed all required jet war 1.3 , engine mod and button change 1st, then jet war 1.3 , have the 4.12.2 v so I copied files from sas sfs to sfs auto,
changed the lines in the air ini only not weapons or static craft
But no jet air craft when i play
Should note that there is no file to move in jsgme for jet era or in the modcat selector eg dbw, modcat , standard , not sure if there should be or not
nothing crashes when loading or playing just no jets
also i tested game with engine mod only and it works , takes longer to start aircraft , different sound and new button bindings are available
Please help I want to fly a flipping jet :-[
I guess I need to know if Jet era needs to be enabled in any way through jsgme , meaning ive done something wrong and its not loading or able to see in jsgme or if its just there always
If when loading it should say modact, flyables, jet era . It currently doesnt have jet era
or if im on the wrong track altogether
Saw somewhere about mounting in rc I think , should i look into this ?
yes im very new. infact this is my 1st chat/forum site

F.Savage

• It's my first day
Re: questions on jet era
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 03:54:37 PM »

Not sure if if its the proper way but i found the jets .
to anyone else with this problem I found them in with mission edit that came with modact
They werent in the single missions lists under countries , only available through mission edit
Now i guess Ill ask is this normal ?
and is there missions to download ?
I love this fn game
wrapped pacific fighters on ps4 in a week
ace combat 7, 3 weeks
IL 2 month and a bit , still trying to land 100% of the time , lose 95% of my dog fights . at last a challenge
Thanks all

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 06:55:45 AM »

They werent in the single missions lists under countries , only available through mission edit

You have to understand - this is a baseline item for Il-2 in general - that any modpack/modact/mod - always comes on its own. There is no "missions" or "campaigns" delivered with them. You always have to get missions and campaigns seperaty on this here site or on other sites such as Mission4today....
You can always play the planes ion QMB (Quick Mission Builder) or make your own missions in Full Mission Builder. But Missions are thing of their own. Same goes for skins usually.

But any mission you download must be for the mod setup you have. If the mission contains material (planes, loadouts...) that you do not have installed, they will not play right. And for many planes you won't find dedicated missions at all - simply because no mission maker made or published one. (That is where you could come in ;) )

And this is one of the advantages of larger modpacks: more missions built for them that will work with them.

F.Savage

• It's my first day
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 10:15:42 AM »

thanks . starting to figure it out .
you can tell people have put a lot of time and effort into this . I can respect that
i will do my best
very confusing to a carpenter off on covid
be better off using laptop as hammer  :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.