Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCAF Campaign for WAW ?  (Read 2436 times)

RowdyNoMore

RCAF Campaign for WAW ?
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:17:35 PM »

Is there been a Royal Canadian Air Force campaign to download ?
I did a search and came up empty handed.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-Core Processor 3.6 to 4.4 GHz / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max MB / 32GB  DDR4 Ram (3200 MHz) / EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA 8GB GDDR6 / Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 PSU / VKB Gladiator-K - SCG Premium / VKB T-Rudder Pedals / CH Fighterstick /CH Pro Throttle / Grass Monkey Head Tracker

huebydoo

Re: RCAF Campaign for WAW ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 07:23:28 PM »

As far as I know, there aren't any dedicated RCAF campaigns for WAW (yet). My Dieppe raid campaign does however feature several missions from the perspective of some of the RCAF units that took part, you can find it on page 3 of the WAW missions section. If you're into cold war jets, there's also my RCAF sabre campaign in the JTW section.

RowdyNoMore

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 08:20:37 PM »

Thank you huebydoo.
There is a RCAF option in the drop down menu, even in the stock game I believe, but no campaign options.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-Core Processor 3.6 to 4.4 GHz / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max MB / 32GB  DDR4 Ram (3200 MHz) / EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA 8GB GDDR6 / Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 PSU / VKB Gladiator-K - SCG Premium / VKB T-Rudder Pedals / CH Fighterstick /CH Pro Throttle / Grass Monkey Head Tracker

huebydoo

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 11:34:15 PM »

BAT doesn't really include many campaigns with it, lots of nations have empty drop down menus because they're meant to be filled with campaigns of your choosing. Luckily there is a wealth of excellent user made missions and campaigns avaliable to download here on the forums, and if nothing suits your taste there are great tutorials on using the mission building tools to make your own.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 12:29:28 AM »

The notion of an RCAF campaign (or three) certainly appeals to me. Over the decades, I've had the privilege of becoming acquainted with two Spitfire pilots, both of whom flew in RCAF squadrons during WWII.

One of these men was someone I met as a fellow employee in the early 80s. He was an American, from Washington state, who'd managed to join the RCAF while the BoB was in progress. He was too late for that battle, and he was never a member of an Eagle squadron, but he flew plenty of missions as an RCAF pilot, and he continued to fly Spitfires after the US became involved in the war, at which point his unit became the 308th FS/31st FG. In the spring of 1943, just days after gaining his first victory, a Bf 109, my friend was in turn shot down over North Africa. He landed in a farmer's field in Tunisia. The area was still in German hands at the time; after he was captured, he eventually ended up in Sagan. I once asked him, naturally, about The Great Escape. He said that it was strictly a "British thing," and that most of the Americans knew nothing about it. My friend also flew Mustangs in Korea, but that's another story.

The other RCAF pilot I knew was in fact a Canadian, Rod I. A. Smith. I never actually met Mr. Smith, but I spoke with him several times over the phone regarding work on one of my book projects. After all of those years, he could still speak with great authority about Merlin engines.

It's been a while since I've managed much mission-building (that, too, is another story), and I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to produce an RCAF campaign. Thanks for reading this.  8)

A ya tsi-tsalagi.

larschance

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 06:35:13 AM »

I believe there is a fighter campaign for Canadian Ace 'Screwball' Beurling made by DHumphrey, probably in the M4T or Air Combat websites. Sorry, I can't find it at present but it was made in recent months.

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 05:41:17 PM »

My Mohawks of Arakan campaign could be considered Canadian since many of the pilots of those squadrons were Canadians.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52299.msg569295.html#msg569295

VonWaffen

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »

Working on one ,  base on  ALL THE FINE YOUNG EAGLES  book by David L. Bashow but it won t be ready soon

The enemy is stupid. Believing it's us the enemy,when it's him

RowdyNoMore

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 02:59:51 PM »

Working on one ,  base on  ALL THE FINE YOUNG EAGLES  book by David L. Bashow but it won t be ready soon

I read that book. Great read. Although my cover looked different. I look forward to your work VonWaffen.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 12:42:45 PM »

I read about Canadians using the Tomahawk and Mustang I/IA in combat with army air role or what
it was called. Some of them are included in my Allison Mustangs Skinpack. Had a few good Veterans
picture Albums from the time prior and after Dieppe. Sadly couldn't get enough sources on the Tomahawks
used then, just pictures of Canadians in the Cockpit, aaahhh
I always had a heart for the unusual 2nd Tactical early History.
Would be a nice scenery having sth. off the Beurling show to play.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 25 queries.