Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just getting started with BAT  (Read 1016 times)

sixstrings

Just getting started with BAT
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:01:53 PM »

Excited after all this time to have a WWII module that is a stand alone. Been playing the IL-2 series since it first came out but love IL-2 '46 the best because of all the wonderful people that put so much work into it for us to enjoy. Downloading BAT 4.0 Red Core this weekend, then the updates.Currently mainly use VP modpack as WWII is my main interest. I'm also into CFS3 and it's expansions-(11 installs), and i can say the shear number of aircraft in WAW is astounding ! Won't give up on CFS3 but i can see myself playing it a lot less now ! Thanks to all involved in this project. Regards,Scott

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
Re: Just getting started with BAT
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 05:20:27 AM »

You are going to so NOT be sorry ;)
Good Hunting, Mate!
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

sixstrings

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 09:20:06 AM »

Got BAT-WAW installed and updated and all i can say is WOW ! A fantastic expansion ! Thank you to all involved in bringing us this. Regards,Scott

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 05:10:11 AM »

Might I add one thing. I've been into modded IL-2 for a decade now, I think, and the game has undergone a tremendous change thanks to modding, adding material that makes it without doubt The Combat Flight Sim, with an absolutely flabbergasting amount of content.

But BAT isn't just about all this wonderful content, even though it is superior on this count alone. The best thing is that the IL-2 game with BAT has reached a stage of maturity, stability and integration that was only to be wished for before. Content + Integration = Perfection. Almost anyway.

Enjoy! It will take you years to get to know it all!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

sixstrings

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 07:54:41 AM »

Been into IL-2 '46 since it came out. Only updated and installed various expansions. VP modpack was my latest and most fun.Never added aircraft,skins,ect. to IL-2 before though. Been away from the sim for 2 yrs. and happy to find i can have BAT for just WWII. This made me pull the trigger and get it. All the mods i could ever want , in a simple package. Mess around with files a lot in CFS3 and IL-2 '46 is much more stable and easy for us players to use in Win10. IL-2 '46 IS the Best WWII air combat sim around . Thanks to all the modders and software experts we have the best !  Regards,Scott

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:51:02 AM »

I have been with IL2 from day one thru UP, DBW, CUP the whole shebang i have to say what you guys have done here with BAT is nothing short of amazing. I take my hat off to you all!!
It took a while to download (redcore) here in the old TRNC but was worth every minute!!! ;D
Cheers
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 28 queries.