Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A general BAT question if you'll permit  (Read 1141 times)

ol' Navy

A general BAT question if you'll permit
« on: March 20, 2021, 05:59:32 PM »

I have played IL2 for years.  Kept up with things in this forum as best I could.  I just have a simple (I think) question for you smart folks.  I update/modify my game only when something is posted here.  I wouldn't know how to do otherwise. On my loading screen, it states, among other things, BAT Version 4.1.2.  If that is what is showing, can I consider myself "current".  Most of the things you fellers put into mods, I will never use, and don't understand oftentimes, so I don't feel I go far enough into the game to know.  My eyes don't work so hot anymore nor do my fingers (and a bunch of other stuff :-[), so I infrequently only play WAW.  I know I don't utilize all the features that the game has after all these years, but It's still fun for me.  Thanks for your help, as usual.  Much appreciated by us old folks.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: A general BAT question if you'll permit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 09:59:29 PM »

Yes, if your starting screen says 4.1.2 you are up to date.  And please never feel embarrassed about asking a question like this. I'm in the same boat pal. I don’t see well any more and these days I keep my  BAT install standard. That will keep you out of trouble and able to play this  game trouble free.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 05:30:59 AM »

Yes, if your starting screen says 4.1.2 you are up to date.  And please never feel embarrassed about asking a question like this. I'm in the same boat pal. I don’t see well any more and these days I keep my  BAT install standard. That will keep you out of trouble and able to play this  game trouble free.

Absolutely. I too am in the same boat. I have wondered sometimes if I should not dispense with my hat, and mount the tracker on my glasses. They are certainly big and sturdy enough these days  8)

ol' Navy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »

Just one thing: some people have (big) upgrade problems, and the case is still hot.
But you, quiet, you succeeded.
Not so old. ;)

Thanks, but well, kinda.  I'll be 79 this coming September.  But thankfully I have reached 78.

Wing Walker

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 02:47:19 AM »

We have all been on this game for a long time, and information is hard to find sometimes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 26 queries.