Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plans for BAT-Server!?  (Read 1103 times)

Hans-Joachim Marseille

Plans for BAT-Server!?
« on: February 16, 2021, 08:44:03 AM »

I'm not sure if one already exists yet but if not I wanna suggest making a BAT-Server. I think a lotta people would like that incl. me. But repeat dunno if it is technically possible at all. Pls delete this if the question is not accurate or whatever. Thank ye.  :)
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Plans for BAT-Server!?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 08:51:16 AM »

Setting up an IL-2 1946 server is never an issue.
Suitable missions for a 24/7 online server are the real deal.
And a decent administration thereof is.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 10:21:17 AM »

And besides that UP3.3 is specifically built as platform for multiplayer gameplay. It has many concepts available you won't find in BAT. And while the amount of content seen in UP3.3 might be not as vast as in BAT, past updates added a lot of new planes and stuff. And since we're not done yet, who knows what will happen to it in the future ;)

Looking at the mission side, we've got over 220 individual missions on the UP3.3 server now (the last time I counted, that is). Nearly all of them are tailored to UP3, employing its MDS capabilities. You just cannot translate that to BAT. We would more or less need to start from scratch again ...
When all else fails: read the instructions!

redbaron96

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 07:16:59 AM »

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but what are 'MDS capabilities?'

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 09:44:00 AM »

"MDS" is Zuti's "Moving Dogfight Server" mod, that includes enhancements and new concepts like Ream/Refuel/Repair, Ressources, Fog of War (map icons), Base capture, enhanced Homebase settings, and more for online missions which the missions on our server heavily rely on ;)
When all else fails: read the instructions!

Dimlee

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 03:51:52 PM »

Currently, I'm making several missions for both UP and BAT. UP is much easier to work with due to less load on my (not very new) PC. In BAT, I have to be careful and selective with some objects, with customs skins, flak intensity, etc. While a UP mission of similar complexity can be played with acceptable FPS and without stuttering.
So, this is another advantage of UP in multiplayer where different users have different hardware.

Saying that, I love BAT and we can always find some advantages there (even beyond its enormous number of aircraft). Just recently found out that Grumman Duck is really amphibious in BAT, wheels up, wheels down. Ah, what a joy!  8)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 27 queries.