Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam&GOG version- nothing works  (Read 318 times)

nightmare70

Steam&GOG version- nothing works
« on: February 13, 2021, 02:18:14 PM »

Hi there!

I was trying to switch from VP to BAT.

I had VP modded game which worked perfectly. Then I've uninstalled the game, and removed all files as I wasn't sure which ones belong to VP and didn't want to mess anything up.

Now I've tried to download GOG version, downgrade it to 4.10 and repeat whole process with mega patch etc. I did EXACTLY the same.

First issue- Game resolution after updating to 4.12.2m was unable to change- mouse dissapeared, alt- tabbing, properties, reinstalling or conf.ini didnt resolved the problem.

Second issue- after reinstalling whole game and degrading it to 4.10- downgrader instead of downgrading il 2 just pasted entire 4.10m game version into separate folder in original '46 directory. At this point I had enough, and decided to buy Steam version, hoping it'd resolve the problem.

Now as I download Steam 4.12, there is no il2conf- just il2fb.exe! And while trying to change resolution- again screen just get messed up, and mouse dissapears! And after shutting the game from task manager (as there is no other way)- it won't start again. It simply won't. No matter if I start it from steam or desktop. There's just window about preparing the game, then this blue circle on mouse and nothing happens.

I have no clue what is going on and I am just tired. Previous version from GOG with VP runned perfectly, without any issues during installation.

I run on Win 10

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Steam&GOG version- nothing works
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 12:33:43 AM »

Both GOG and Steam IL-2 1946 games need to be on version 4.12.2 before installing VP or BAT.
Both GOG and Steam IL-2 1946 games need this to be installed on top: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1531.msg16863.html#msg16863

Steam IL-2 1946 is missing three vital folders (for whatever reason) which need to be created manually:
  • Open Windows Explorer, nagivate to your Steam Library (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common)
  • Open the "IL 2 Sturmovik 1946" folder.
  • Create a new "Quicks" folder.
  • Create a new "PaintSchemes" folder.
  • Open that "PaintSchemes" folder.
  • Create a new "NetCache" folder.
  • Go back to your "IL 2 Sturmovik 1946" folder.
  • Create a new "Missions" folder.
  • Open that "Missions" folder.
  • Create a new "Net" folder.
  • Open that "Net" folder.
  • Create a new "cache" folder.

You should now have the following folder structure:
<Steam Library Folder>\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Quicks
<Steam Library Folder>\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\NetCache
<Steam Library Folder>\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\cache

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies
While ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide
While love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.

nightmare70

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 05:13:39 PM »

Hi there!

I've never heard of that patch. Before when I had VP Modpack it had worked very well without them.

I've forgot to precise, I am using 4.12.2m. Sorry, just a habit of shortening everything.

I have managed to sort things out- Apparently, I have missed a box in DPI settings. Now everything runs smoothly.

Now it's just the problem with DGen- In every DGen campaign I can hear that beep, even though I've followed the steps of installation for both BAT and Dgen carefully. But that's another post for appropriate section.

I've just checked when I saw your reply- all the folders are there after BAT installation. Now after uploading some campaigns and skins I'm worried that I'm going to need to do that again when I try to install D2D patch (It takes some time to put all the skins in). Is that patch installation going to replace all of the content that is inside?

Many thanks for help.

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »

Is that patch installation going to replace all of the content that is inside?
Yes it is but if your game works (read: Starts at all) then you don't need the D2D patch anymore.

Apparently, I have missed a box in DPI settings.
This one probably:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59691.msg657572.html#msg657572

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies
While ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide
While love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 24 queries.