Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which runways can handle the B-52?  (Read 260 times)

OneGunnerUnder

Which runways can handle the B-52?
« on: November 27, 2020, 03:26:16 PM »

Hello all,

So I must say I am really enjoying the B-52 Stratofortress from the B.A.T. modpack. What an incredible aircraft and a true challenge to taxi, takeoff, and land. So far, I have been using the "Flight Test Centre Jets" map located within the Jet Age map menu, as its runway is enormous (it could probably land a space shuttle). But I am wondering what other airfields are available with runways big enough to handle taxiing, taking off, and landing the B-52?

enry711

Re: Which runways can handle the B-52?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:45:27 AM »

Hi OneGunnerUnder
I'm too a B-52 fan  8) but in Il-2 there aren't many runways where our beloved behemoth can take-off/land. Personally, i found that in the map South Vietnam 1968 the only one able to permit these operations is the Nakhon Phanom Airbase in Thailand. It depends on the map itself really...In which maps would you like to fly the B-52?

duffys tavern

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 08:44:25 AM »

Gunner,
If you are running BAT you may have a map, "Test Center" or "Flight Test Center" or "Flight Test Center-Jets" They have a really nice long paved RW that can handle most anything. Just a thought.

OneGunnerUnder

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »

Hi OneGunnerUnder
I'm too a B-52 fan  8) but in Il-2 there aren't many runways where our beloved behemoth can take-off/land. Personally, i found that in the map South Vietnam 1968 the only one able to permit these operations is the Nakhon Phanom Airbase in Thailand. It depends on the map itself really...In which maps would you like to fly the B-52?

My response to that would be, any map that  that can handle it. If you know of any others please let me know. I am booting up the game now to try the South Vietnam map you mentioned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.