Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd monitor  (Read 770 times)

dagger123456

2nd monitor
« on: November 18, 2020, 12:50:09 PM »

Can I use my second monitor as an instrument view or can I toggle between different views. If so, how do I set it up?  I am familiar changing the resolution size in CONF but I dont know what else to adjust in CONF in regards to 2nd monitor.  I also need instructions on how to set it up once in game.  Thanks in advance for the help.

wern moldy

Re: 2nd monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 03:56:26 PM »

I can't help directly with your enquiry, but at the risk of sounding stupid, have you not considered a head tracker? You just move your head around as though you're in the cockpit and see what ever you want, down, up, behind.... You can even move your head forward and back, to get a real close look at your instruments. It's the next best thing to VR.
Units like TrackIR are still rather expensive, but there are cheap alternatives that work just about as well. There's even free software available to run it. I got mine up and running for about $50-00.

There's a dude from China that makes head tracker clips and modifies Play Station 3 cameras to translate your head movements onto the screen. You'll find him on ebay. The free software I use is called Opentrack.

dagger123456

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »

I forgot to mention that I do have trackIR 4.  It just happened that I have a 2nd monitor and I just thought I can use it.  If I have a 3rd monitor(im not willing to buy aa 3rd monitor), it is much easier to set up because it is set up for left and right view.  Im just curious how a 2 monitor will work.  Thanks by the way.

macgiver

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 03:23:06 PM »

For the instruments on the second screen you may be interested in: https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=377
it's a pretty old thing, I know it worked in 4.07, but I have no idea if it can work in 4.12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 27 queries.