Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving static objects by fixed amounts?  (Read 1052 times)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
Moving static objects by fixed amounts?
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:29:19 PM »

Hello all,

Does anyone know how I might move the static objects (including airfields, landing points, labels, etc) by some fixed amount en masse?

I would like to extend a map by several hundred km to the south. The problem is that the new origin point of the map sets everything several hundred km to the south. I would like to move them back into their original locations. There are too many objects to grab and move at once, causing my game to crash if I try.

Alternatively, does anyone know how I might change the origin point of the map to keep everything in place? I know certain water maps, like Okinawa, have origins that are not necessarily in the bottom left corner, but I'm not sure if that's something we can control.

Thanks!

CY6.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Moving static objects by fixed amounts?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 03:17:21 AM »

Try these :

Alt+Left clic = make a rectangle to select objects. Then move all the objects.
Alt+Right clic = make a rectangle of deselection of the objects.
If your results are not up to your expectations, tell yourself that as large oak was once an acorn ...

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 07:56:48 AM »

Thanks Epervier :) I do know how to select all the objects, the problem is that there are tens of thousands of them, too many to grab and move manually. I was just wondering if there was a way to move them all with 3rd party tools, maybe by extracting the actors.static and tweaking the numbers.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »

Sorry !  :-X
If your results are not up to your expectations, tell yourself that as large oak was once an acorn ...

lowfighter

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:47:57 PM »

I can do it  for the static objects in actor.static. Then you can move the airfield way-points manually within FMB (that must be easy enough). If this is convenient please PM. A utility for all to do this would be useful, but I am using some software which is not free.

Hello all,

Does anyone know how I might move the static objects (including airfields, landing points, labels, etc) by some fixed amount en masse?

I would like to extend a map by several hundred km to the south. The problem is that the new origin point of the map sets everything several hundred km to the south. I would like to move them back into their original locations. There are too many objects to grab and move at once, causing my game to crash if I try.

Alternatively, does anyone know how I might change the origin point of the map to keep everything in place? I know certain water maps, like Okinawa, have origins that are not necessarily in the bottom left corner, but I'm not sure if that's something we can control.

Thanks!

CY6.

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 12:24:00 AM »

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 07:29:31 AM »

I've done this, it was a few years ago though. I made larger versions of NW Europe and Ardennes maps.

You have to use the actors tool to extract all the map objects then change their x & y co-ordinates to put them in the correct place on the new map.

You also need to change all the co-ordinates for any existing missions you want to convert - waypoints, chiefs, stationaries, statics, frontline markers etc.

I wrote a python script that changed all the co-ordinates.

Regards,

M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.