Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacific campaign (Okinawa) but getting Russian voices and markings  (Read 119 times)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron

As the subject indicates;
I've created a coop campaign in DCG for Okinawa using HSFX version of the game.  USN vs IJA/IJN.  The majority of aircraft are obviously US and Japanese with the exception of the HMS Illustrious carrying Corsairs, Seafires and Avengers.  DCG generates the mission OK but when I start it up I immediately hear Russian radio comms.  Cycling through the various flights I noticed one group of Hellcats in Russian markings and some of the Japanese aircraft had Russian markings (Ki-61 Tony's).  We've gone through Midway, Santa Cruz, Tarawa, Marianas and Iwo Jima campaigns with no incidents like this happening.

This is the first campaign however with the Brit aircraft and the Tony's so I'm guessing they might be the issue although I'm not sure how to address it.

Any info/advice is appreciated.
Tomoose

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: Pacific campaign (Okinawa) but getting Russian voices and markings
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 12:25:27 PM »

I have seen this myself in single user mode. I vaguely remember that it had to do with using squadrons that were not listed in the squadron id DCG file. Any errors or reassignment statements in the dcgerror.txt file?

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »

I've checked the squadids.dcg in the MASTERS folder with the squadrons.dcg file in the OKINAWA_UN folder and the text is correct.
Nothing in the dcgerror.txt file about any squadrons.
Worst case scenario I guess I'll assign US squadrons to the Illustrious and see if that works.

Lonestar67

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 05:56:02 PM »

Hi tomoose,
Only a note from my side: The dcgerror file will be overwritten every time you open DCG!
So dont open DCG after you have exit IL2! Check first the file about the last events!
DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=20872.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.