Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020  (Read 17726 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 04:39:26 AM »

Only one real cure for the modern iterations of the IL-2 genre me thinks such as Blitz and the GB series, you would need the code though so you can mod it like it was stolen and fix all that was wrong. ;)

I know, heresy, if you could do that though it might at least get their attention, other than that wait and see what happens or go and play something else seems the only way to keep your sanity, the constant complaining does no good as you have seen Mike, it makes for good reading though I must admit.

They do look pretty though, however, the more you look and play the worse it gets, we have better lods in 1946 community built stuff that have none, take a look at vehicles as you taxi in from a mission in any of the GB series and you will see the vehicles loose their wheels, I kid you not and my machine is reasonable if not any more state of the art and WWI, well no point going there in GB as that really is broke, you would think I engineered those crates.

Trouble with the guys at 777 is the more they try to repair what the players tell them is broken the more fucked up it gets, where to go from there, who knows, eventually they will have to do something or they will go bust, folks are walking away from the servers in droves it seems, and much of the improvements they made were to appease a very small vocal crowd, offline players like me were always ignored by the corporations anyway, maybe empty servers might bring them to their senses finally as their showcase playground becomes empty. :o

On the rare occasions health issues let me play I fly Tempests in career and the opposition is mainly Fw-190s, even the rare 109s are easily dispatched with my cannons, there, problem solved, unfortunately if you bought Bodenplatte to just fly the Mustang then that would not be a solution and the game truly would be completely broken, I never could hit anything with fifty cals anyway, spray and pray was the plan and then run the fuck away as fast as possible. :D

The series has a lot of potential which is why I bought everything so far, I like watching each module develop even though I rarely fly, however, even I am getting to a point where I feel moving on is the only way forward, to me the best way to build the series is to actually fix all the issues, and yes I know they do make efforts as they go along, however, some things like what Mike alludes to are a necessity as far as I am concerned because each module is built around very specific aircraft types and their armament, 109s and the US types et al would I think be the reason most actually buy the series as they are the iconic types everyone in the world knows, if they do not work then there is no good foundation on which to build and entice the punters in.

Anyway, I am another year older as of yesterday and more fucked than the sims I love so should feel right at home with everything they make really but I might dust off that old X-box of mine that I only use for playing DVD movies and get back to some proper gaming mayhem, Halo anyone. :angel:

There, my venting for the week done, hope the world and everything in it gets better soon, not holding my breath waiting though.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 07:13:49 AM »

Anyway, I am another year older as of yesterday

Hello Mission_bug,

well then, happy birthday retrospectively.  ;)

Best regards,

Gerhard                           
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 10:19:23 AM »

well then, happy birthday retrospectively.  ;)

Thank you Gerhard, really appreciated. 8)

I changed my earlier post slightly, reading through it again some might have assumed I was actually encouraging certain acts and that was not the case I assure you, do not want to do that. ;)

Trying to get the development teams attention is difficult and unfortunately they do themselves no favours by deleting everything that is negative, that only angers those who purchased the game and takes the argument off shore so to speak where it really could, silence on their part should never be a option either as that does the same thing, angers those with genuine issues, like Mike. :(

The sad thing is they have done much in the series to answer and fix issues, these should be top of the priority list. ;)

Take care and be safe.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 10:24:36 AM »

Happy Birthday Pete belated, stay healthy

It has a name 1C/777/Eagle whatever.
CFS monopol run on shoulders of Customers.
This system works efficently since 2001.

This sentimental defense in face of requests, bugreports we had in 1946 too.
History of CFS repeats again, and again...

Prost
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Arthur-A

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 12:05:57 AM »

Happy belated birthday, Pete!

On the topic of BoX. Well, I was a fanboy up until recently. Mostly because of the VR wow effect. But then I slowly started to notice that I enjoy 1946 way more. Currently I only play CloD, 1946 and DCS. I occasionally lauch Box just to look at beautiful 3d models of aircraft. This is the only aspect of the game that I can say positive things about.

IMHO, a lot of the problems come from the fact that this is just an old WWI game engine with a few touch ups here and there. Just look at how planes fly there, like a weightless RC models. Add to that all the other problems like fantasy engine timers, awful DM, horrible terrain (I mean look at the Rheinland map, however even other maps look bad if you take a closer look).

This is quite sad as there aren't any good WWII flight sims with the majority of stuff done right. Only 1946. Two other (CloD and DCS) have a  potential, but each one has its own hindrance.

CloD's problem is that although Team Fusion have done a great job of adding a lot of new stuff,  there are still some major bugs that are not fixed. I guess that the team is just too small to be able to dedicate enough resources to fix those issues while being able to release new content. I also think that 1C Games would never allow them to grow significantly so that they would compete with the Box. Which is very sad.

The DCS is just all over the place WWII wise. They have 7 warbirds yet it doesn't form a comprehensive theater since they are of different time period. If only they'd start making WWII modules with Flaming Cliffs level of detail, no need in clickpits, they could be added later. But I guess they're not going to do that..

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 03:12:43 AM »

Thanks again for the best wishes guys, really appreciated, fifty eight and no going back. 8)

Hello Tobias, yes have to agree, same old same old in many cases although to be fair they have spent time trying to answer some of the issues even to the point where one of the senior engineers tried hard to deal with the damage model, trouble is it all becomes a plastering over the cracks exercise in many respects as the way the game was put together in the first place means many changes cannot be made effectively without a major re-build and this far in it is unlikely to happen sadly unless the guys hold the current project and take time to actually fix those issues, the ever present finance and personnel issues make that seem unlikely, Mike might be better placed to answer how he or his employer in a similar predicament might deal with things, my background is engineering and from that experience once the jigs and fixtures are up and running you can only tweak things through the product cycle.

Hello Arthur-A, sadly health issues stop me playing much anymore but for all the glitz of the new games 1946 is still a go to for me. ;)

The point of the GB series being built on the back of a existing WWI game is valid, maybe they should have/should start afresh, sadly everything comes down to cost and numbers made theses days so I feel we are stuck with all the various games you mention, all come from a earlier version and so all inherit those fundamental flaws present in each, I thought Tobruk would be a move forward, it was not really, of those available the best of the lot to me is the GB series, much is playable even with the problems, however, the problems have a serious effect on the players and if they are starting to wander away to other things, as they are, then the future could be bleak, a hard drive full of potential that will never quite get there, even 1946 after years of updates and modding is still flawed, however, that is acceptable in many respects, the modern iterations have the benefit of decades of technological advance and so should provide something close if not exact.

Anyway, I have typed too much, the pain kicks in, I will leave it there, we all have the same thoughts I think in general, disappointment that basic stuff is broken and left as is.

Take care and be safe.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 05:49:36 AM »

With the risk of hijacking this thread, a (belated) very happy birthday Pete, from a 59 and six months to 60 comrade in arms! 8)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 11:16:50 AM »

With the risk of hijacking this thread, a (belated) very happy birthday Pete, from a 59 and six months to 60 comrade in arms! 8)

Thank you very much Costas, really appreciated. 8)

Take care and be safe.

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »

A belated happy birthday from one who is ten years (not after but) ahead!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 03:25:06 PM »

A belated happy birthday from one who is ten years (not after but) ahead!

And thanks also to you Flying H, really appreciated.  8)

Surprising just how ancient some of us are, maybe we should all be grounded, this is Mike's thread and he is the baby of us all. :D

I think Mike and Otto are too preoccupied with 2020 to notice this thread seems to have gone a wandering off track somewhat, hope he does not mind. ;)

Take care and be safe.

hello

• aka Aufpassen! aka Alfie!
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2020, 04:57:10 AM »

So the damage model is off and and needs fixing. Just inquiring. Is this frustration born from the game being almost but not quite perfect or are there more, other problems that should be addressed?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »

There are a few things considered by the players to be off at the moment hello, in particular the three main areas for concern at the moment in certain modules are:

Fifty caliber guns are thought by some not to replicate the damaging affects of the real thing, this weapon was the go to gun set up of the USA during WWII and even to this day is considered to be a devastating weapon, not in game it seems which if you only want to fly those types using it puts those players at a serious disadvantage.

The tail area of the Bf-109 is too strong and difficult to damage with various weapons of different calibers.

The WWI module damage model is thought to make those planes considerably more fragile than what they should actually be.

You need to go and read through the various arguments in those particular threads at the site to decide for yourself where in the argument you stand.

The development team do/have made great improvements to the series over time even having one of their senior men address concerns with players in various threads, however, some issues still remain to be dealt with in a satisfactory way and on top of that there has been what some see as a attempt to silence them by deleting their contributions to the discussion in those threads which is particularly annoying for those trying to debate the case either way.

To fully understand the issues you really need to be a player using the modules and the site and have experienced the development over time, some major improvements came to visibility issues in the last patch I think it was, a contentious issue for a long time but hopefully finally dealt with and a new patch should arrive in the next few weeks which might bring satisfaction for other concerns we hope.

Some people like Mike who opened this thread are getting rather fed up of continually trying to have their opinions heard and addressed, this can only damage the franchise over time so I hope a solution does come forth as the series is still to my mind the only real way forward for this genre even if it is limited by the game engine used, we will see. ;)

Take care and be safe.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 29 queries.