Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020  (Read 17731 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »

Had to get this off my chest before it gets wiped by the bootlicker mods over at il2sturmovik.com forums.

IL-2 Great Battles past 4.005 DM patch simply explained.

AP ammo:

HE ammo:

P-47 & many others:

Bf 109 F and later:

]cheers[
Mike

Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

BlackAce7727

• BAT, UP, DBW
  • Skinner
  • Clown #77
Re: IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:45:39 AM »

So... useless, big bang, rusty and crap, to finish... flying tank :)) :))
Let the victor be justice...

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 08:59:00 AM »

There's nothing like dumping your whole ammo into a 109 just to be killed by its first hit on you ... Mike, you forgot to mention that the flying tank in this case can also turn on a dime and zoom away like a rocket, too ...
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 09:01:24 AM »

Yep, mashmallow shooting old rusty crap trying to fight flying tanks shooting nuke bullets.
That's it in a nutshell.
Oh and not to forget: Thousands of happy blue campers pretending that this is exactly how it's supposed to be and allied pilots should simply try to aim a little better.
Supported by mods wiping out any trace of bad feedback.
I remember people complaining about moderation of SAS forums.
Guys... do yourself a favour and spend a few days on the il2sturmovik.com forums.
Choose some topic where you disagree with the devs and stop kissing their asses.
Witness the fallout first hand and then come home to SAS and report back please 8)

]cheers[
Mike

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »

There's nothing like dumping your whole ammo into a 109 just to be killed by its first hit on you
Aim harder.

BlackAce7727

• BAT, UP, DBW
  • Skinner
  • Clown #77
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 10:02:20 AM »

Peashooter isn't the word... the P-26 we have would be a better equivalent and do a better job I might add  :-X
Let the victor be justice...

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:23:34 AM »

I mean it was released on April. It's a long running April fool's joke if you ask me...
Current activity: Giving his E46 330ci some TLC.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:29:47 AM »

You can just see how mods sanitize the complaint thread over there again.
People can tell the weirdest shit about how realistic an indestructible 109 is, but any reply to such shit gets deleted.
What a bunch of brain- and gutless fuckwits.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »

Use numbers as arguments.
I made a proposition one month ago:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/63427-50-cal-damage-or-lack-there-of/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-1000366

It wouldn't resolve problems #2 to #4, but could prove the case concerning 50cal AP ammo.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 11:19:55 AM »

We've been testing our asses off for months now.
I know you mean no harm but it's posts like yours which get used as an excuse not to fix shit.
"See, they're just here to complain and not to give hard facts."
No.
Been there, done that and no, it's not me who's got to waste any more time on that fucking crap of a former CFS hope.
If 16 pages full of people reporting the same issue isn't enough, nothing will ever be.
Fuck these idiots, sideways.

sniperton

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 03:26:13 PM »

We've been testing our asses off for months now.
I know you mean no harm but it's posts like yours which get used as an excuse not to fix shit.
"See, they're just here to complain and not to give hard facts."

I was just alluding to the pitiful fact that reason is subject to be despised as pure opinion by nitpickers, and a whole swarm of that type is hanging around at that site as you eloquently formulated in more straightforward terms.  ;)

You can't convince them with arguments, because an argument is followed by a counter-argument, and the resulting "lack of common sense" is another argument for the devs to do whatever they want. This is how post-modern, populistic governments capitalize on trolling, be it paid or voluntary. You can't change this.

So what's your strategy? Resentfully changing about and going back to Il-2 1946 for the rest of your life just because they broke your (my, our) toy? Come on. Fuck them, hack the situation, and provide them with the only thing they can't despise: pure statistical numbers.

And don't shoot me  ]pottytrain5[

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 11:13:30 PM »

So what's your strategy? Resentfully changing about and going back to Il-2 1946 for the rest of your life just because they broke your (my, our) toy?
Almost.
I haven't played IL-2 Great Battles for more than two months now, because the game is simply too fucked up in too many regards and there's no sign of any of this to change in any time soon.
What more would I need to shelve it?
So yes, going back to 1946 was a big relief in that regard. There are things wrong here as well, but we can talk about them in an educated and adult manner and we have the powers to change what is wrong.
MSFS 2020 came to help, a great game with lots of glitches, but it's moving into the right direction, not the opposite like IL-2 Great Battles.

Come on. Fuck them
Done that.

provide them with the only thing they can't despise: pure statistical numbers.
Again: Me, and countless other error reporters, have done so a hundred of times before.
Whatever oh-so-sophisticated test you are going to perform, and whatever oh-so-clear numbers you get from them, the next best "founder" or "tester" will come around and say "your aim is wrong", "you need to be 10 degrees more to this or that side", "what do you expect?", "that's historically correct", "provide historical documents", "that's net lag" or "send it to the devs".
And the devs simply ignore it.
That's a fact, and you should know it by now, you've seen it yourself all the time.

And don't shoot me  ]pottytrain5[
Never tried to, just reminded you of what your good intentions are being received as by those who would, in a reasonable world, be supposed to care for their customers.

Sorry to say, but IL-2 Great Battles is really fucked up big times and I'm afraid it's beyond all repair.
We should have been warned when already in the early days of IL-2 Great Battles no criticism of the game was tolerated anywhere on the forums, and due to the fact that Jason&Co. couldn't police the bad feedback elsewhere - and that was massive - they threatened their customers to stop developing the game any further if the forum bootlickers won't run out to write tons of positive reviews for the game in order to make it shine brighter.
It's the same thing nowadays.
Look at the cal .50 complaint thread and hit F5 every now and then.
Between page 15 and 16 alone, there's been at least 20 posts that have been wiped out as they didn't fit the agenda.
Mind you, this has nothing to do with "rules". Posts that belittle players complaining about the current cal .50 situation will always stay, regardless how much they violate the rules.

The game's fucked up and the only rescue the devs see at the moment is censorship.
How much worse could it get?

]cheers[
Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 27 queries.