Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020  (Read 11092 times)

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: IL-2 Great Battles messed up since April 2020
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2021, 11:23:25 PM »

...and the devs don't give a shit.
On the contrary, they defend this crap to the point where members get banned for pointing out such issues.

]cheers[
Mike
You live, you learn, you love, you're dead.

Drewm3i

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2021, 12:57:41 PM »

It's sad, but CLoD/TObruk is moving in a great direction with TrueSky, VR, and 6.0 (Malta or Sicily is likely) in the pipeline. I am also loving the DCS Spitfire, Big Show Campaign, and Channel Map.

Check out this Mike:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/73325-wip-truesky-and-4k-supermarine-spitfire/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/73109-wip-spitfire-engine-sound-update/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/73091-update-on-spitfire-3d-cockpit-work/

I could only imagine what would be possible with CLoD if a site like SAS joined in with TF to speed development. I asked Buzzsaw if they would allow a mods on mode (and patch worthy mods into the base game) and he said they plan to in the future, but for now anyone can join TF.

Drewm3i

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2021, 02:13:42 AM »

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/73819-mod-pack-il-2-enhanced/

Hopefully this helps...us vr users have no where else to go until CLoD gets VR :(.

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2021, 02:39:00 AM »

Looks promising.
The problem I see is that offline you can have as many mods or modpacks as you like, but online it would mean that the server and all clients need to have the very same modpack installed.
Which in turn means that once the devs decide to release an update that breaks just one part of your big modpack, the whole server is doomed until this gets fixed.

]cheers[
Mike

Drewm3i

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2021, 03:56:24 PM »

Looks promising.
The problem I see is that offline you can have as many mods or modpacks as you like, but online it would mean that the server and all clients need to have the very same modpack installed.
Which in turn means that once the devs decide to release an update that breaks just one part of your big modpack, the whole server is doomed until this gets fixed.

]cheers[
Mike
Hello Mike,
if you or anyone from SAS would like to join the server when it goes live with this pack, I will add you to the list!

The pack has been updated today 9/1/21 with additional mods and some bug fixes and such!

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2021, 11:50:41 AM »

I don't think I'm gonna end my hiatus (which lasts for almost a year now) to get back to IL-2 GB before it finally gets sorted.

Here's some more videos of how they've fucked up each and everything, this time featuring FC.

And was does the "big boss" Jason reply to these video reports?
The attitude is not needed or appreciated. Our product is in a constant state of evolution, I have never said everything is fine and we listen to and study your complaints. We have a 12 year history of doing just that. We will make changes to the damage model when we have the time and resources to do it.
Aaaaand... tada! - Thread locked.
That's beyond imagination.
IL-2 GB is doomed 'cause it's run by morons, sorry to say.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »

Thanks to a well-researched report by community member Yak_Panther and other modders, we have found that certain parameters for our .50s somewhat out of spec. Hmmm…. we’re not exactly sure how this happened.

So, I will say this, the adjusted .50s will be about a week from now, control surfaces jamming fix will be probably a month from now and another general WWI wing failures and general damage review and possible revision will be several months from now. Those are my best estimates based on what I know today as I write this.

We are also considering making a new public beta test option when we do bigger updates because clearly relying on a core beta test group is not producing the results we are hoping for. The testers are all good people, but we need many more testers. Setting up a public beta test system will take some time and we are not even big fans of this idea, but we are probably going to try it at least on this next damage revision.

Full confession here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57896-jasons-briefing-room-and-officers-club/?tab=comments#comment-1122442

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2021, 10:03:32 AM »

Yep, saw it and turned away in disbelief once more.
They admit that the .50s are "out of spec", but:
These changes may make them more potent or possibly it won’t be noticeable. At least they are now set to proper parameters and entering testing.
Which "proper parameters"? There will still be no API / APIT in the .50 belt and the uber-super-duper german HE ammo remains unchanged, as does the historically incorrect "HE only" belting for the germans. Result: The cal .50 nerfing remains (albeit we don't know to which degree yet) as do the german nuke guns.
And that's the result we get from reporting the obvious issue for two years?
With all the fallout? Name calling, "aim better", insults, warnings and bans from "officials"?
Endless threads locked by Jason himself 'cause he knew better?

But I admit that there's other opinions about that matter.
For instance this one from a member (nowadays rather inactive) of this site:
The conspiracy theories about devs not caring or know but refuse. Is a damn lie and very unpolite. They have proved otherwise all these years.
Haha!
They have just proven that they give a flying something but to fix the issue once and for all.

So I rather choose to ignore these few dramaqueens making a fuzz about .50's
I can make perfect use of them myself.
I rather choose to call that a really, really stupid comment.

Finally let me quote Jason again:

we’re not exactly sure how this happened
I am.
It's out of sheer arrogance.
And it keeps going.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2021, 03:08:43 PM »

I'm sceptic, too, just wanted to call attention to this statement, no matter what it might involve.
Just a little step for us, but a bug jump for them, as here they openly admitted they had seriously fucked up something.
The rest is white noise.

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2021, 11:04:50 PM »

they openly admitted they had seriously fucked up something.
The rest is white noise.
Totally agree. Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
I haven't cranked up the game for more than a year now and honestly I don't miss anything.
Not the bugs.
And surely not the toxic atmosphere on their forums (for those who don't understand: Stop being a fanboy for a second and you'll know what I mean).

]cheers[
Mike

Drewm3i

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »

Mike, I gotta say I think it is time to give it another shot...I was skeptical myself, but I now set fires all the time and have much better luck with allied planes after the .50 weight, velocity, and dispersion pattern fix. By all reports, the WWI issues have been fixed too and the DM will get more revisions in the future with more community oversight.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 26 queries.