Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Up-engined JCat's A6M5  (Read 8700 times)

milvipes

• Modder
Up-engined JCat's A6M5
« on: October 10, 2020, 03:09:55 AM »

Download here
Had Horikoshi Jiro had his way, Mitsubishi would have equipped the A6M Zero with their own Kinsei engine. This engine proved to have far greater growth potential than the anemic Nakajima Sakae, which struggled to break the 1130 hp mark; whereas late-model Kinsei could reliably reach 1500 hp.
JCat has already provided us with an excellent A6M8 Model 54 in his superlative Zero pack, and had A6M8 been a natural evolution from earlier Kinsei-powered Zeros (as Horikoshi had wished), instead of a total re-engine endeavor (as in real life), it would have entered service in the final months of the war (in lieu of A6M7), instead of being flown as prototypes only.
But even with that more optimistic timeline, A6M8 would still have missed the epic Philippine Sea and Leyte campaigns of 1944. Not to mention the drastic increase in power also resulted in a drastic reduction in range. So which version of the hypothetical Kinsei-powered Zero would have been available in quantity in 1944?
Introducing "alternative" A6M5, powered by Kinsei-4/5 series (1200-1300 hp). It offers considerable better performance than real life A6M5, potentially giving Allies a harder time (it would still end in an Allied victory, though at greater cost). And it would be available in 1944 (if not earlier).

This mod is a self-contained pack, with JCat's A6M5 3D model, plus my own DiffFM, and stationary plane. However, you do need JCat's weapon pack.
It fills a performance and timeline gap between A6M2 (early versions of Kinsei offered no advantage over Sakae) and A6M8.
Note: since early versions of Kinsei offered no advantage over Sakae, it would be redundant to create Kinsei-powered A6M2.

Type83Fighter

• It needs a tailhook.
Re: Up-engined JCat's A6M5
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 03:14:55 AM »

Very cool, thanks! More J-aircraft the better!
"You seem to be disappointed in my efforts only because my efforts were disappointing"

Vasya

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 07:34:57 AM »

Hello!
There is no JC_A6M class in the mod.
The original mod JCats_A6M_20110605 has this class.
But the JC_A6M class was created on 10/30/2010 at 15.31.
This means that it was created for patch 4.10.
This class differs from the A6M class from the later patches.
Question:
Is there an opportunity for the author of the mod to adapt it for later patches?
Yours faithfully!
-------------------
Sorry for bad  :-[   English - translated by google translator!

CodenameMorgan

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »

Great modification, Thanks.
ypaa

Vasya

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 09:59:37 AM »

Tell me please!
What engine do you represent in this Reisen model?
Or what engine would you like to see on this model?
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Mitsubishi_Kinsei

Vasya

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »

Already made fix fm and class for this mod.  :)

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »

This is by no mean a modification of existing JCat A6M, but a brand new, stand-alone mod (borrowing JCat's 3D model) that leaves JCat's excellent pack untouched.

RABIZO

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 11:23:25 PM »

I'm using it right away.
Thank you for the best plane.
I used "google translate".

Vasya

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 08:06:28 AM »

This is by no mean a modification of existing JCat A6M, but a brand new, stand-alone mod (borrowing JCat's 3D model) that leaves JCat's excellent pack untouched.
Clear!
I have this mod has its own main class,
its fm and more accurate motor.
The parent class is adapted to patches 4.12 - 4.14.
If interesting, there is a fix here:
http://forum.aviaskins.com/showpost.php?p=212069&postcount=7642
The maximum speed at an altitude of 6500 meters is 585 km. in hour.
This engine is installed.
https://www.valka.cz/topic/view/85920/Ha-112

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 11:09:40 AM »

out of interest, which FM file does your fix use Vasya? meaning, which one of the FM files should be present in the folder for this Zero?

Vasya

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 12:59:18 PM »

out of interest, which FM file does your fix use Vasya? meaning, which one of the FM files should be present in the folder for this Zero?
Uses the A6M5c-52Kai.fmd file.

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 05:44:57 PM »

I've now made it into a twin pack, please go to the first post to download the updated version.
You MUST delete the previous version from your MOD folder, and rewrite all the STD entries for it to work properly.
It includes an early air superiority version (roughly equivalent to A6M5a/b) for late 1943/early 1944 (Battle of the Philippine Sea).

And a late multi-role fighter-bomber version (an A6M6/7 hybrid) for late 1944/early 1945 (Battle of Leyte Gulf).

Interestingly, prior to the advent of A6M8, the A6M6 was also intended to receive Kinsei engine. But this never materialized; instead, the contract was given to Nakajima to fumble around with its Sakae 31 (that eventually failed to live up to the promise). In my "what if" scenario, the A6M6/7 would be just "yet another" Kinsei-powered Zero (along with all other models), though this would be the first version designed with serious ground attack capability in mind. If we were to follow my alternative Kinsei Zero timeline, then A6M8 (available in JCat's Zero pack) should have its combat debut during the Battle of Okinawa.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.