Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle for the Sierras 1936 - A SCW Campaign for BAT!  (Read 1271 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Battle for the Sierras 1936 - A SCW Campaign for BAT!
« on: September 26, 2020, 05:49:12 AM »

With the help of my collegue Edc1 I have converted yet another of my pre-WW2 campaigns to BAT/TGA:

This is a semi-historical, 12-mission static campaign, set in the period of late July to early September 1936, during the opening moves of the Spanish Civil War. You are a pilot in a small Republican Escuadrilla, equipped with the standard fighter of the pre-war Spanish airforce: the Nieuport 52. When the campaign starts less than a week has passed since Nationalist officers launched their military coup against the lawful government in Madrid. And what started as a rebellion and resistance against that rebellion has now turned into outright civil war, and, in the areas controlled by the Republic, a chaotic social revolution.

Download it here: https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1895

The situation is chaotic and confusing, as both sides are moving to secure key areas, often with undersized forces, or, in the case of the government, using enthusiastic but ill-equipped and badly disciplined militias. The mountain range north of Madrid, the Sierra de Guadarrama, is a divider between the Nationalist and Republican sides, with both sides pushing up towards the strategic key positions of the mountain passes. You are to be sent from your airfield outside Madrid to a small airstrip close to the Sierras, to help the militias in their struggle. The first real regular battle of the Spanish Civil War is about to begin…

The campaign tries to portray the fighting in the air during these first months of the war, with the Republic having the numerical edge - but squandering much away on penny-packet patrols all over the country - and both sides essentially using the same old, pre-war aircraft. It ends in the beginning of September, with the fall of Talavera de la Reina, just when both sides started to receive large shipments of new, foreign aircraft, often flown by foreign pilots.

Some more shiny screenies here:

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: Battle for the Sierras 1936 - A SCW Campaign for BAT!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 08:24:16 AM »

Many thanks mates! 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.