Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing mods from SAS folder?  (Read 347 times)

eddiek

Removing mods from SAS folder?
« on: September 12, 2020, 08:48:23 PM »

I am currently working with ModAct 6.4 on the 4.13.4 installation.  When you add a mod such as the "SKINMOD" which is currently used in VPMod to the SAS folder and you decide to remove it later, is there a cache or ini file that needs to be cleared?  After removing the "SKINMOD", the debug log is indicating that information is missing which makes sense because I removed it, but something in the structure is indicating the "SKINMOD" is missing?  The side affect is that some of the planes I recently installed are no longer showing up in the view object, possibly a skin conflict.  This was not an issue until I decided to use the "SKINMOD".

Edward.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
Re: Removing mods from SAS folder?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 12:40:33 AM »

that skinmod - if you did it right - has no connection to any other files, ini or otherwise.
You simply remove the folder again and you are done. There cannot be any "indications" about that in the log. That must be some misunderstanding from your side, whatever you think you see.

eddiek

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »

You are more than likely correct.  I am in the learning process of figuring out how mods work with each other.  Example, the above installation I am working with is using items from the VPmod.  If I am lucky, I can use an item that has everything and works 100%.  In this case, I am evidently using items that has a need for other mods to make them complete.

Maybe someone can answer this.  What mod is used with the Mosquito_MKVI Coastal Command for the ordnance?  Its apparent the Mosquito mods that I have been working with require 2 mods to make them complete.  I already figured out the pilot mod is one of them.  Is there an easy way to figure out what mods are needed to make an item complete?

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 02:00:53 AM »

Is there an easy way to figure out what mods are needed to make an item complete?

If you download the original mod, rather than extracting files from the VPMod, then the instructions that come with it will normally tell you what if any dependancies it has.
For your specific example go here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1108.msg55483.html#msg55483
Otherwise use the search function to locate the mod you are looking for.

eddiek

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:21:22 PM »

If you look at the errors below, you will find the both Mosquito planes are missing the same file.  The first plane below includes the arms folder with the file, but is it being missed or it is not the right file?  The second plane which is mentioned above does not include the arms folder/file.  This means that VPmod had to use a mod to provide the missing data.  I initially had the error below for the pilots, but this was fixed via the PILOTs mod.  The installation instructions along with the site, does not mention anything about additional mods to be used. Both are Mosquito planes so VPmod is evidently using a mod that corrects this but trying to find the correct mod is a royal pain.  Its evidently not the "ARMS" mod.

INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3DO/Plane/Mosquito_B_MkXVI(GB)/Ordnance1.mat'
WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/Mosquito_B_MkXVI(GB)/Ordnance1.mat' of class 'TMaterial' not loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3DO/Plane/Mosquito_FB_MkVICC(Multi1)/Ordnance1.mat'
WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/Mosquito_FB_MkVICC(Multi1)/Ordnance1.mat' of class 'TMaterial' not loaded

eddiek

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 12:09:01 AM »

It turns out that another Mosquito mod was needed.  I finally was able to read the class files and sure enough, the MKVI Coastal Command is referencing the Mosquito Tse.  At least I now understand what these errors are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.