Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ki-30A skin template.  (Read 1310 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Ki-30A skin template.
« on: August 10, 2020, 11:14:27 AM »

Hello guys, a little project I have been working on for some time now that I thought some of you might be able to use also. ;)

Mediafire link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/oxfos7minky68g8/Mitsubishi+Ki-30+Ann+skin+template.7z/file

Template by Peter Shaw aka Mission_bug, August 2020.

Made using the void as a guide that was included with a skin pack by Sakai and intended to make two basic uncoded skins for the Thai Air Force (included in the download) to use in the update of a old campaign that will be altered to use the the new model Ki-30 by tvister in place of the previous Ki-51 that was used previously as a stand in because no actual Ki-30 3d existed back then.

I could not find any templates available, or Thai skins for the model I was going to use, so constructed this basic template for myself and anyone else who might find some use for it.

The mechanical layers from the Sakai skins are retained with new lines, rivets and other details by me.

Notes: I found the background colour and my credits showed in the cockpit of the model I use when viewed externally, I altered the texture called up by the Cockpit_D0 to use:

[Materials]
Internals

There are some mapping issues with the fuselage and rudder, the upper demarcated colour scheme used for the Thai skin is as close as I could get and is not perfect.  The rudder stripes are raised higher than might be normal because if the Red segment on the port side is on the lower rudder line it also maps onto the fuselage below, this does not happen on the starboard side, I found that moving the stripes higher eleviated the issue.

The second template, "Ki-30 template Pale colours", is more or less identical to the first but has some of the lines and rivets with increased opacity so they show better against a light background.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Ki-30A skin template.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »

Good job!
Between your Templates and Edlor's, this plane is very spoiled!  8)
Thanks for sharing!  :)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 12:05:53 PM »

Good job!

Glad you like it Gabriel, hope it is of use to you and others.  8)

Between your Templates and Edlor's, this plane is very spoiled!  8)

I looked all over for a template but could only find void files, have I wasted weeks making this
when there is already one available?  ::(   

Please show me where it is, I must be blind or need my glasses fixing. o_O

Take care and be safe.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »

If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 02:29:15 PM »

I looked all over for a template but could only find void files, have I wasted weeks making this
when there is already one available?  ::(   

Please show me where it is, I must be blind or need my glasses fixing. o_O

... maybe you should quit coffee too ...!  :P

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 03:00:07 PM »

Thank you very much for the link Gabriel, how on earth did I miss that. o_O

Mick, I never touch coffee, tea is my poison. :D

Take care and be safe.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 03:39:51 PM »

Mick, I never touch coffee, tea is my poison.
Tea made with warm water... or with what we call in France "eau de vie"... the color of water... but with 70° of alcohol!  :D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 02:17:16 AM »

Tea made with warm water... or with what we call in France "eau de vie"... the color of water... but with 70° of alcohol!  :D

Sounds much better than the tea we drink here Gabriel, just plain old teabag, sugar and milk, stirred.  :D

I have to avoid alcohol, the pain killers complain. ::(  Only on rare occasions do I partake of a few of Belgium's finest, Stella Artois, or the odd Malt whiskey, tea and biscuits it must be to oil this cranky old machine. :P

Take care and be safe.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 03:01:44 AM »

Mick, I never touch coffee, tea is my poison. :D

... when I visit my son in England, I always make my own coffee, first thing in the morning, as the one he usually makes ain't strong enough to defend itself ...!  :P

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 04:32:50 AM »

... when I visit my son in England, I always make my own coffee, first thing in the morning, as the one he usually makes ain't strong enough to defend itself ...!  :P

My tea is just the same Mick, so if you were ever to visit me please bring your own stuff and make it yourself, I will show you where to find the cup and kettle but you're on your own from there. :D

Take care and be safe.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.