Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: JETWAR Addon Discussion  (Read 7729 times)

rykirk

Re: JETWAR Addon Discussion
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but how does radar work in this mod?  I see there are some bindings in the controls settings and I assigned those but I'm not sure they're working. I had no problem switching between missiles but I couldn't get AIM-7s to lock, they just fired and flew straight.  Is there any actual in cockpit radar as well?

Btw the mod is amazing..thanks for making this more accessible than the huge BAT packs. I had a lot of fun this morning zooming around in jets.  :)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »

I'd prefer BAT JTW if the module would be available as a single download + contents of the sfs files would be accessible.

If you interested in any planes features such as radar, you best check its release topic, planes may have been updated since I released this pack:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,57.0.html

I got no problems with the AIM-7, considering that in real life it had ~11% success rate.

rykirk

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »

I'd prefer BAT JTW if the module would be available as a single download + contents of the sfs files would be accessible.

If you interested in any planes features such as radar, you best check its release topic, planes may have been updated since I released this pack:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,57.0.html

I got no problems with the AIM-7, considering that in real life it had ~11% success rate.

Thanks for the link.  Yes it would be nice if they would part out the larger mod.

For the AIM-7 should I be getting some kind of lock-on notification or noise or something like the growl on the sidewinders? 

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2020, 03:03:22 PM »

Female voice saying 'Launch authorized'. If there's no target you can not fire the missile, you get a hud log message:  AIM-7 **** (disengaged).

SeytersSinep

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2020, 09:09:52 AM »

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wIjWSwX2NzfugMGzmKzJYe0dsj_dduWk/view?usp=sharing

Extract to your game folder, select 'Jetwar' in il2selector.exe. Activate skinpack with JSGME.
Requires 4.12 & VPmodpack. It does not modify vpmodpack, the only file being overwritten is the il2fb.ini (selector options).
Compressed size is 3250Mb, extracted is 17114Mb.

Features:
- mostly Korea and Vietnam era aircraft (list: https://i.imgur.com/MT6xpJy.jpg )
- QMB missions for Korea and Vietnam and few US campaigns
- map repaints for Korea and Vietnam maps
- moving infantry, modern trucks and tanks
- based on VPmodpack, but its a separate pack which does not modify the ww2 part
- 1000 aircraft and pilot textures
- lots of aircraft texture updates

The pack is still WIP, some planes have problems I could not fix. Please report bugs with a logfile (conf.ini, LOG=1).

Thanks to everybody who was involved in the creation of these jet mods which are a great addition to IL-2.

I can't completely download it... Stuck until 2.1GB for nearly 4 hours plus 3 times redownloading but no avail... help... can you add other download links?

ACDCdrfc123

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2020, 05:10:11 AM »

When I use the bomb selector control, the game suddenly crashes. Do you know why?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2020, 05:23:23 AM »

can you see the red text right above your post?

ACDCdrfc123

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »

My apologies haha

stoney69

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »

Many thanks VP for this great addition, jut loving it. One thing, my AC-47 has a square tail wheel! Is there a fix for this? Thanks,

Steve

stoney69

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »

I got it solved. The problem was with the "L-5_Sentinel_Float". Once I removed it the issue was solved! I had been trying to get the Cessna O-1 Bird Dog to work and the L-5 Float was required, but no go on that.

forge

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2021, 02:26:46 PM »

This VP Modpack is great!  I tried to download the JetWar Mod but the link doesn't appear to work anymore.

Is there some place else I can download it?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2021, 10:55:23 PM »

New links have been added to the release post.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.