Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: JETWAR Addon Discussion  (Read 2953 times)

rykirk

Re: JETWAR Addon Discussion
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but how does radar work in this mod?  I see there are some bindings in the controls settings and I assigned those but I'm not sure they're working. I had no problem switching between missiles but I couldn't get AIM-7s to lock, they just fired and flew straight.  Is there any actual in cockpit radar as well?

Btw the mod is amazing..thanks for making this more accessible than the huge BAT packs. I had a lot of fun this morning zooming around in jets.  :)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »

I'd prefer BAT JTW if the module would be available as a single download + contents of the sfs files would be accessible.

If you interested in any planes features such as radar, you best check its release topic, planes may have been updated since I released this pack:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,57.0.html

I got no problems with the AIM-7, considering that in real life it had ~11% success rate.

rykirk

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »

I'd prefer BAT JTW if the module would be available as a single download + contents of the sfs files would be accessible.

If you interested in any planes features such as radar, you best check its release topic, planes may have been updated since I released this pack:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,57.0.html

I got no problems with the AIM-7, considering that in real life it had ~11% success rate.

Thanks for the link.  Yes it would be nice if they would part out the larger mod.

For the AIM-7 should I be getting some kind of lock-on notification or noise or something like the growl on the sidewinders? 

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2020, 03:03:22 PM »

Female voice saying 'Launch authorized'. If there's no target you can not fire the missile, you get a hud log message:  AIM-7 **** (disengaged).

SeytersSinep

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2020, 09:09:52 AM »

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wIjWSwX2NzfugMGzmKzJYe0dsj_dduWk/view?usp=sharing

Extract to your game folder, select 'Jetwar' in il2selector.exe. Activate skinpack with JSGME.
Requires 4.12 & VPmodpack. It does not modify vpmodpack, the only file being overwritten is the il2fb.ini (selector options).
Compressed size is 3250Mb, extracted is 17114Mb.

Features:
- mostly Korea and Vietnam era aircraft (list: https://i.imgur.com/MT6xpJy.jpg )
- QMB missions for Korea and Vietnam and few US campaigns
- map repaints for Korea and Vietnam maps
- moving infantry, modern trucks and tanks
- based on VPmodpack, but its a separate pack which does not modify the ww2 part
- 1000 aircraft and pilot textures
- lots of aircraft texture updates

The pack is still WIP, some planes have problems I could not fix. Please report bugs with a logfile (conf.ini, LOG=1).

Thanks to everybody who was involved in the creation of these jet mods which are a great addition to IL-2.

I can't completely download it... Stuck until 2.1GB for nearly 4 hours plus 3 times redownloading but no avail... help... can you add other download links?

ACDCdrfc123

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2020, 05:10:11 AM »

When I use the bomb selector control, the game suddenly crashes. Do you know why?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2020, 05:23:23 AM »

can you see the red text right above your post?

ACDCdrfc123

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »

My apologies haha

stoney69

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »

Many thanks VP for this great addition, jut loving it. One thing, my AC-47 has a square tail wheel! Is there a fix for this? Thanks,

Steve

stoney69

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »

I got it solved. The problem was with the "L-5_Sentinel_Float". Once I removed it the issue was solved! I had been trying to get the Cessna O-1 Bird Dog to work and the L-5 Float was required, but no go on that.

forge

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2021, 02:26:46 PM »

This VP Modpack is great!  I tried to download the JetWar Mod but the link doesn't appear to work anymore.

Is there some place else I can download it?

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2021, 10:55:23 PM »

New links have been added to the release post.

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies
While ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide
While love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 26 queries.