Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack Discussion  (Read 58836 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: VP Modpack Discussion
« Reply #2280 on: April 07, 2021, 10:23:33 AM »

My experience is that the contemporary BAT outperforms VP Modpack. I play a lot of DCG missions, and I too like to have many planes in the air. When VP Modpack first came out it ran large missions with less stutter than BAT. That is no longer the case for me. Now BAT far outperforms VP Modpack.

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #2281 on: April 07, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that Bat was so well optimised. :) This might just make it onto my second hdd, spacewise.

stoney69

« Reply #2282 on: May 26, 2021, 03:27:00 PM »

Just wondering, but is it possible to install the jetWar to my VP_Mod_Pack? There are some nice Korean, VietNam war jets I would like to add. Thanks.

Steve

genXgamer

« Reply #2283 on: May 26, 2021, 06:10:16 PM »

VP JETWAR Addon, absolutely.

Get it here and following the instructions.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58461.msg644595.html#msg644595
Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

stoney69

« Reply #2284 on: May 27, 2021, 02:14:12 PM »

Great!. Many thanks genXgamer.

stoney69

« Reply #2285 on: May 29, 2021, 06:00:34 PM »

On doing a manual install, does the folder #JETWAR go into my #SAS or outside of it? Same for the skins. I'm running VP Modpack, 4.12.2m with Modact 5.30. Thanks.
Just don't want to bugger this thing up as it took SOOOO long to D/L all the needed items to install in a fresh game copy.

Steve

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #2286 on: May 29, 2021, 11:40:09 PM »

Folder #JETWAR# should go directly to your game's root, so that you have two folders; #JETWAR# and #SAS#. All skins go to the same, "Paintschemes" folder, no need to create another one.

221teddy

« Reply #2287 on: June 03, 2021, 12:20:53 PM »

Hi folks,

even though the BAT mod pack is much more comprehensive, up to now the outstanding VP mod pack is still my preferred one for many reasons: first of all it provides an almost 100% compatibility towards static stock missions and campaigns. So hundreds of excellent missions and campaigns for the stock game up to version 4.12.2 are available on M4T and can be played with this mod pack without restrictions and bugs. The only exception/incompatibility I have realized so far is related to retextured maps providing a lot of forests (e.g. the Burma map, Malaysia/Singapore). In these cases playing ground attack stock missions on the beautifully retextured stock maps causes some issues: sometimes the targets are located in places where in the original stockmaps no trees are present but in the retextured map the ground objects/targets disappear in extended forest areas. Of course in these cases it ist difficult to play the ground attack missions. The second reason for my preference of VP mod pack over the BAT pack is that in my opinion the graphics are more beautiful than in BAT: especially I like much more the clouds, the explosion effects (FLAK!), smoke effects and the textures of the beautifully retextured stock maps like Wake islands or the updated stock New Guinea map. The forest, grass, and the water textures near the cost (e.g. corals) are much more realistic thean in the sotock game. And most of these stock maps are completely unchanged in the BAT mod.
Therefore my question: since the release of the VP mod pack in 2016 there have been released further beautiful individual mods like new planes and especially several beautiful new maps like the "Green Hell" map and the new series of the Solomon islands including Rabaul and New Britain. Are there any activities ongoing for an update of the VP mod pack in the near future or is the current status (including the Jet pack) the final version of VP mod?

Teddy

genXgamer

« Reply #2288 on: June 03, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »

G'day Teddy

VP has no plans on updating VP Modpack so consider it the final version.
All those maps you mention above I have and work perfectly, Green Hell 43 was built using VP Modpack.
I've always considered it a great starter pack which you can then customise to your own tastes.
Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

stoney69

« Reply #2289 on: June 04, 2021, 02:21:57 PM »

I noticed that there is no MAPMODS folder in the #JETWAR folder. If I wanted to add a map to JetWar would  I have to add it into the #SAS/MAPMODS folder? I truly love VP_JETWAR.

Steve

stoney69

« Reply #2290 on: June 05, 2021, 01:41:45 PM »

Disregard, I found it. Blind as a bat.

forge

« Reply #2291 on: July 25, 2021, 02:24:54 PM »

This VP Modpack is great!  I tried to download the JetWar Mod but the link doesn't appear to work anymore. 

Is there some place else I can download it?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.