Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions about the FMB.  (Read 1348 times)

Spireitemoose

A couple of questions about the FMB.
« on: July 28, 2020, 10:44:45 AM »

Hi

I seem to remember from when I used to play years ago that you could turn down the intensity of flak, especially from ships, to stop my flights being constantly massacred. How do you do this, do you have to add something to the conf ini?

Secondly, how do you get sea planes to take off. They start their engines and start moving forward but never seem to take off. First waypoint is set to take off, next one some distance away to normal flight. This clearly doesn't work so just wondering where I'm going wrong.

Cheers

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: A couple of questions about the FMB.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »

I seem to remember from when I used to play years ago that you could turn down the intensity of flak, especially from ships, to stop my flights being constantly massacred. How do you do this, do you have to add something to the conf ini?
Flak is generally regulated in the FMB.

Secondly, how do you get sea planes to take off. They start their engines and start moving forward but never seem to take off. First waypoint is set to take off, next one some distance away to normal flight. This clearly doesn't work so just wondering where I'm going wrong.
What you're describing is an incorrect flight model sympthome.
But as you use the BAT pack... I reserve my answer for a user of this pack!
However it would be vital to give the list of seaplanes having this problem! It would help a lot!
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Spireitemoose

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »

Ah, so I’m not doing anything wrong as such, they just don’t work properly?

With the flak, where is the setting in the FMB? I was flying 4 torpedo planes, 4 medium bombers and 4 heavy bombers to attack a carrier and they were all shot down pretty quickly.

Koi

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »

Flak on ships
 this is in the  Properties of the ship selected. where you pick the Army colour 

Pick the crew skill type
 Ace= dead eye shots
 Veteran = pretty good
 Average = So so
 Rookie= Blaze away and hope, rookie

ROF (Rate of fire): this is a bit confusing. One usually thinks of this as number of rounds  per  minute
 but it is actually is the number of minutes between rounds.

Sleep: this tells the crew to wait a time before opening fire.   1:20 would be =1 hour and 20 min ,

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 11:41:51 PM »

Good answer by koi. Try setting skill level to Rookie on all ships. Set ROF for warships between 10 an 20 and over 20 for transports, tankers, and such.

Spireitemoose

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 02:45:25 AM »

Thanks all. This works fine, no more massacres.
Great community. Cheers.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 09:55:00 AM »

Ah, so I’m not doing anything wrong as such, they just don’t work properly?

No.
In BAT the seaplanes work normally. I am not aware of a seaplane that cannot take off on their own. Most likely a mission building error?

If you indeed encounter an odd airplane that can't take off with AI control for Flightmodel reasons, the behavior would be such that it starts a takeoff run but remains on water endlessly. This is not what you described.

you could post the mis file where you encounter this. But try on different maps and different spots on the map first.

Spireitemoose

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 01:01:20 PM »

Yes they did just run on water endlessly. I used the BV222 and the Kingfisher. Engines started planes moved forward and kept going forward without ever taking off.  I’ll give it another go next time I’m on and try some different scenarios. It’s probably something daft I’m doing.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 10:15:16 PM »

reduce weight by reducing fuel load.

Dimlee

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »

I'd recommend also changing the take-off place and try again. Especially if there is a mountain nearby.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 25 queries.