Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up a Dedicated IL-2 1946 server with B.A.T mod  (Read 293 times)

EmperorOfFinland

Setting up a Dedicated IL-2 1946 server with B.A.T mod
« on: July 04, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »

So i took a look on setting up a dedicated server on my xeon serverrack but is there any specific way i could setup the B.A.T mod with the dedicated server as i would like to run that.

Since the tutorial for that did not mention about how to setup modded servers up so if you happen to know how one is setup compared to vanilla servers?
You can find me on https://www.twitch.tv/emperoroffinland and on Youtube

BlackAce7727

• (F.A.C No.77)
  • Skinner
  • Prop or jet? I'll fly it!
Re: Setting up a Dedicated IL-2 1946 server with B.A.T mod
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 01:13:43 PM »

Welcome to SAS Emperor,

The idea is that BAT is a little too big to become an online server. Trust me you're not the first one to request this mate.. it's why we have Ultrapack 3.0 for it instead ;D That has plenty of mods on it as well as planes and so on. Sadly though... BAT is too big and too complex to make online compatible...

I'm sure many other users will say the same sir...

All the best and again welcome to the squadron!
BlackAce
Let The Victor, Be Justice.

EmperorOfFinland

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »

But surely there is a possiblity of throwing it into a server for an experiment? i mean i would run it as a small scale experiment since i have seen other mods running similarly.

As i dont think its too impossible to make it run. i just need to know how i get it installed in the dedicated server itself. since i have hosted it in normal multiplayer on my own machine before.
I could run it as a seperate computer and host maps when needed but i was wondering if i automated it a bit myself. Since i think that might work on itself.

I just want to run it as a experiment, not as fully compatible server per said for a discord im part of.
You can find me on https://www.twitch.tv/emperoroffinland and on Youtube

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:54:52 PM »

In theory (I'm saying so because BAT is offline and I didn't ever - and will not - try to setup a server for it) the steps would be:
Install 4.12.2 dedicated server.
Install BAT on top of that, the usual way like you'd do for a client install.

Download and install the IL-2 Selector for Server Operators as follows:
Go here and get it: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16403.0.html

Do the following after installing BAT to your 4.12.2 dedicated server game, in that order:
  • Extract the contents of the IL-2 Selector for Server Operators to your BAT server game folder.
  • In that folder, run "IL-2 Selector.exe", change settings, choose BAT module of choice and save settings.
  • Open "il2server.ini" and make sure the modtype is set correctly, i.e. when you performed the steps above, it would need to be "ModType=2", "ModType=3", "ModType=4" or "ModType=5" usually (it's "ModType=0" per default, so you have to adjust this manually).
  • Run your game with il2server.exe.

The log, if you applied above steps correctly, should start with...
Code: [Select]
$ il2server                                             
#########################################################
#                                                       
# IL-2 Server Executable 3.5.2 (C) SAS April 2019       
#                                                       
#                                                       
# Java VM successfully initialized with addon parameters!
# JVM is up and running, starting IL-2 Server now...     
#                                                       
#########################################################
  *** Library **** DT ****  Loaded *** 102               
RTS Version 2.2                                         
Core Version 2.0                                         

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

enry711

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 03:03:54 AM »

Hi guys. I'm not an expert or anything but i fly BAT online periodically and all i ever needed to do that is someone with the good-old ports open and Hyperlobby.
Basically we all meet on Hyperlobby, select the same module as the host, enter the lobby x and then start. The Dogfight mode works perfectly, whereas the Co-op works well but it can generate some issues.
For instance you cannot enter with 2 players on a F-14, even tho the RIO slot exists there is no cockpit and therefore the game will not permit you to play (and glitch very hard also).

If you want to join us on Multiplayer let me know ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.