Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical (BAT) > BAT Missions and Campaigns

New to BAT- do these missions exist?

(1/2) > >>

CaptainKoloth:
Hello all:

Longtime flight simmer here, but somehow I managed never to discuss the wealth of mods availabe for IL-2 1946 until yesterday (!). I'm downloading all kinds of cool stuff left and right now, very excited! Understandably however I'm finding it a bit overwhelming, and while I'm slowly starting to become comfortable with the difference between BAT and UP3, how do i install missions etc.... but I'm still drowning in information and trying to sort it all out.

In particular, I've been trying to find missio s/campaigns- there are a lot of aircraft to be sure, but i want to find some missions to fly them in! Specifically, are there are any single missions or campaigns(doesn't necessarily have to be BAT I suppose) for:

1) Any kind of heavy US or Soviet bomber (so B-17/29/36/47/52, Tu-4/22/95? I've found the planes but very few missions
2) Anything involving nuclear weapons? I see some videos on YouTube but they're very old and don't seem to be tied to anything I can easily use now.
3) Any "Cold War goes hot" scenarios in Europe or the North Atlantic? I found one ancient campaign for this on Mission4today but that's it?
4) Anything involving the TBD Devastator/TBM Avenger? I understand there was some sort of legal kerfuffle surrounding this when the game came out, but surely its been modded in subsequently?
5) Aircraft-wise, is there an A-5 Vigilante or Tu-22M Backfire anywhere?

Thanks so much! Sorry if these are a lot of dumb or obvious questions or this is the wrong forum for them.

enry711:
Hi CaptainKoloth
Regarding the Cold War there should be some campigns here or some missions in that time period. If not, i can make one for you.
Same thing with nuclear weapons. I can make single missions but not campaigns  ;)

huebydoo:
Hi CaptainKoloth,

I'm also a long time IL-2 player who is somewhat new to these forums, but I've also been making missions in B.A.T for a while now for my own amusement including a campaign that might  scratch your cold war goes hot itch. It's from the perspective of a Canadian fighter pilot flying sabres in the 1950's in Germany as the cold war spirals into world war 3. Anyways if anyone's interested in playing it i'll do some polishing work and share it here at some point. 

CaptainKoloth:

--- Quote from: huebydoo on June 27, 2020, 01:50:37 PM ---Hi CaptainKoloth,

I'm also a long time IL-2 player who is somewhat new to these forums, but I've also been making missions in B.A.T for a while now for my own amusement including a campaign that might  scratch your cold war goes hot itch. It's from the perspective of a Canadian fighter pilot flying sabres in the 1950's in Germany as the cold war spirals into world war 3. Anyways if anyone's interested in playing it i'll do some polishing work and share it here at some point.

--- End quote ---

Thanks- I'd love to try it!

CaptainKoloth:

--- Quote from: enry711 on June 27, 2020, 01:37:44 PM ---Hi CaptainKoloth
Regarding the Cold War there should be some campigns here or some missions in that time period. If not, i can make one for you.
Same thing with nuclear weapons. I can make single missions but not campaigns  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thank you! That's very generous of you!

There's basically two things I've always wanted to do in a flight sim but have never been able to, both in a Cold War nuclear weapons-delivery context:

1) A one-way mission by an F-84, flying in under the radar to toss-bomb a Soviet target like an airfield with a tactical nuclear weapon;
2) A B-47 or B-52 on a penetration mission into the USSR, flying over the pole and  then under the radar to deliver nuclear ordnance (or a Tu-4 or -95 going the other way!)

I dont know what exactly is within the capabilities of the engine or what maps exist, but these are the two missions I'm dying to fly!

And I guess a B-29 Silverplate with an atomic bomb over either Hiroshima or Berlin would be an interesting mission as well  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version