Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with bombs in some Sukhoi variants  (Read 359 times)

SpongeBob

Problems with bombs in some Sukhoi variants
« on: May 25, 2020, 12:25:34 PM »

Hello,
I'm testing the Sukhoi Su-7 planes (both BKL and BMK versions) and I've found that it has problems when releasing some 4x bomb packs.
There is no problem when the bomb loadout is 4xFAB250m46 or 4xRBK250. However, when 4xZB360 or 4xFAB500 are selected, only the two bombs in the wings can be released. The two in the fuselage refuse to drop and althouth they can be seen still attached to the fuselage an "Out of ammo" message is shown.

Oddly, if rockets and these bombs are selected altogether (for example 2xUB16 rocket_pods + 4x ZB360 or 2xUB16 rocket_pods + 4x FAB500) all four bombs can be released without problems.

When bombs and RATO are selected (4x ZB360 + RATO or 4x FAB500 + RATO) two bombs still refuse to drop.

So, it seems that there is a problem in the loadout. These two types of bombs cannot be selected in groups of four without being accompanied by rockets.

Any ideas?
Thank you

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
Re: Problems with bombs in Sukhoi Su-7
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »

I just tried the 4xFAB500 loadout with the Su-7 and I can confirm there is no way to rid yourself of the inner bombs, even when pressing the jettison stores key (which is supposed to jettison every bomb on the aircraft).

I suspect a problem with the trigger assignment in the COD for this aircraft: possibly it was assigned the trigger for droptanks/gunpods, etc.

The only thing to do is wait for a fix.
I'm FL2070, previously known as dirtbloxxMC. I make sounds. My current main project, UJS (Ultimate Jet Sound) v1.2, can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61360.0.html

SpongeBob

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 04:59:37 AM »

Ok, thank you.
So it seems that it is not a problem from my side.
Fortunately, the combinations with four bombs and rockets work, so it is just a minor glitch. I hope someone can fix it someday, but I can live with it.
Thanks.

enry711

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 05:34:45 AM »

I also confirm. I discovered it by accident  ;D
The FAB-500s also cause a glitch in one of the loadouts for the MiG-21PF/PFM.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 09:09:48 AM »

Sorry,, cannot reproduce.

I tried the example from the first post: 4xFAB250m46

All 4 bombs can be dropped.

I see no trigger mistake in the cods.
I would say it might be an operating error? Please try "toggle bomb mode" settings.

SpongeBob

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 10:28:46 AM »

Hi Vampire,
the problem is NOT in the FAB250m46 or RBK250 bombs. These bombs work fine and all of them can be released, regardless the bomb mode selected.
The problem is in the bigger bombs: ZB360 (cluster bombs I recall) or FAB500. When four of them are selected alone (that is, without rockets), the two in the fuselage refuse to drop.
I've tried all bombs modes and the results are always the same: bombs in the wings are released, bombs in the fuselage are not.

Thanks.

SpongeBob

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 11:28:46 AM »

I've checked other ground attack soviet planes and I've found the following problems:

· 4x FAB500 bombs:   only two of them can be released in Sukhoi Su-7B, Su-7BKL, Su-7BMK, Su-7U, Su-17M and Su-17M2.

· 4x ZB360 bombs:     only two of them can be released in Sukhoi Su-7B, Su-7BKL and Su-7BMK.
   Oddly, 4x ZB360 bombs work fine in Su-17M and Su-17M2. (Su-7U does not include 4x ZB360 loadout).

· 4x FAB100m54 bombs: only two of them can be released in Su-7U (no other planes include this loadout).

As Enry711 says, there are problems with MiG-21 loadout, too. Bombs are functional, but they are misplaced:

This is a MiG-21 PFM with 2xFAB-500 and 1xPTB-490

As seen in the image the loadout appears to float some inches below the pylons, and there are two overlapping bombs in the left wing. No bombs in the right wings. However, this glitch is just visual. Both bombs and droptank can be dropped.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
Re: Problems with bombs in some Sukhoi variants
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:10 AM »

I think I found a trace in the cods of the Su-7s. I haven't investigated the Migs yet

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 12:36:48 PM »

The Mig is going to be blergh to fix

A ton of loadout denominations are not in line with java show/no show code. No idea how this came in.
Also, some weapons pack must have slightly affected hooks so now there are very small air gaps in a few cases. But this I could tolerate to some degree.

Edit:
To avoid renaming of a couple dozen loadouts and breaking backwards compatibility I can make the center line pylon show in all ground attack loadouts, even if it is not used for a tank. This seems the better solution to me.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 08:31:09 AM »

I only saw the bomb placement problem in the PFM.
Any other version you saw this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.