Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DGen problem  (Read 307 times)

Gremlin4

DGen problem
« on: May 17, 2020, 12:41:24 PM »

I have downloaded DGen for BAT_WAW_v1.4 Nd replaced the DGen folder that was in my IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Pegasus. When I go into the sim, all of the campaigns are there but I cannot start any of them.
In the instructions it says 'remove DGen.exe' from the current game and, later, 'Put the Dgen.exe from the zip into your BAT main game directory.'
I have not been able to find DGen.exe in either the old or new versions. Where should I be looking? Any help gratefully received.

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
Re: DGen problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 12:42:57 PM »

DGen.exe exists in the same folder as il2fb.exe. If you cannot find it, you are looking in the wrong folder. You must also make sure to remove the DGen directory, and delete all your active dynamic campaigns, before installing DGen for BAT.
I'm FL2070, previously known as dirtbloxxMC. I make sounds. My current main project, UJS (Ultimate Jet Sound) v1.2, can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61360.0.html

Gremlin4

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 01:59:53 PM »

Thanks for trying to help but I cannot find the file with il2fb.exe or DGen.exe. What are these files called? All of the old DGen was removed before I installed the new version but does 'active dynamic games' cover all the campaigns loaded in the game? Sorry if I seem a bit dense but I did qualify for my pilot's licence on a Tiger Moth in 1954!!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 02:41:48 PM »

Imho there's no need to remove anything, just overwrite old files with the new ones.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 09:51:53 AM »

No, you have to actually remove your old DGEN folder for this patch.

The other files, like DGEN.exe (which is actually called DGEN.exe....) can simply be overwritten.

Gremlin4

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 10:49:43 AM »

Many thanks - working perfectly now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.