Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DECLASSIFIED - FIREFORCE RHODESIA CAMPAIGN - "A BUSH WAR STORY OF BATTLE AND GLORY" (WIP)  (Read 4845 times)

Nero

• "Chi vola vale, chi non vola è un vile

DECLASSIFIED - A RHODESIAN FIREFORCE STORY
The Fireforce was a mixed group of strategic intervention and rapid of the Rhodesian armed forces composed by the selous scouts, the Rhodesian SAS, the light infantry and the air force that was detached here and there to accomplish missions against the communist guerrilla forces in the bush.
This is a serie of 2 small campaigns of with the Rhodesian air force

The first campaign will be early in the '60, will consist mainly of transport duty, drop the Rhodesian SAS in the bush and pick up them too.

The second in the' 70 will be with the strike force units, and the Green Leader raid over the Zambezi against the terrorist base at Westland farm where the Guerrilla forces and their Cuban advisors where garrisoned, in retaliation for having shoot down a Rhodesian air line passenger liner and having cut in pieces the survivors.

These campaigns will be the beginning of a serie of missions and campaigns I will release by that summer into autumn about an unknown front of the cold war, the next ones will be in Angola with the South African defense forces and in Mozambique with the Portuguese air forces using the ever nice Fiat g91 against the soviet backed  guerrillas.

Green leader by John Edmond

EDIT
SORRY GUYS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO RELEASE THESE CAMPAIGNS IN SUMMER LIKE I HAD PROMISED, BUT DON'T WORRY I M KEEPING WORK.
IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME I NEED A RHODESIAN AIR FORCE FOLDER WITH RHODESIAN MARKINGS OR EVEN WE COULD MAKE SKINS FOR THE AIRCRAFTS WITH RHODESIAN MARKINGS USING ONE OF THE COMMONWEALTH FORCES... WHAT DO YOU SAY?
OPENED TO SUGGESTS.
"War is the art of lie"

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...

What a fantastic idea. Looking forward to this!

Strawkalling

This will be an interesting collection (regardless of one's views on those particular regimes). These "minor" wars were nicely covered in the part work War in Peace, released by Orbis publishers in the UK, in the early-mid 1980s. My copy currently resides in a box in my attic!

Orbis released some fantastic part works during that decade, including the magnificent The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Aircraft, which I regretfully never could complete.

Strawkalling

RealDarko

• Modder

Which map will you use in the campaign? AFAIK we don't have a South Africa/Angola or Rhodesian map.

Nero

I m thinking to one of the African maps in bat. I wanted to release these mods this summer but for this and other reasons (I need also a Rhodesian markings) I couldn't, but I will do it (I m also a nurse 🙂 and with this epidemic situation I m working too much in last times) in next months. This and the soviet afghan one will be the first. In last times I m not been around here, Spread the rumor if other guys ask that I m keeping work on this serie of cold War campaigns. A few missions, not many, 10 max for campaign, but we need to enlarge the jet Era scenarios. Maybe the Congo map could be good what do you say? I m openes to suggests
"War is the art of lie"

RealDarko

• Modder

I'm a nurse as well, so I know how you feel. Will check about a proper map.

Vampire_pilot

You might also want to look at Green 4, in the "Other Regions"

Trainer

Great song!

Nero

Give me time guys. Between dof and jet era I have a couple of campaigns wip, someone is yet ready but I learned from the past experiences I MUST test campaigns, play them before release, there is also some about ww2, new ones have more C&C tools, triggers, and randomizers, so let me test them. Every campaign is on a theater, or about a speciality never or almost never seen in Il2 1946, there's even one with civil air lines (in preparation of ww2, many civil airliners was enlisted in the transport groups in ww2).  I found also some skin of Rhodesia, luckily.
"War is the art of lie"

Nero

You might also want to look at Green 4, in the "Other Regions"

Thanks vampire! Hadn't noticed this one.
I'm planning even a campaign with the Cia Civil pilots  during the Vietnam War, from Thailand and Laos, Air America, but this one is not yet started. I have to release the Rhodesian one, and the ones for dof.
"War is the art of lie"

Nero

Which map will you use in the campaign? AFAIK we don't have a South Africa/Angola or Rhodesian map.
Early I was planning to use some African Bush map, like the zimbotho.
"War is the art of lie"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.