Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Several different issues (stock aircraft, networking, modding)  (Read 231 times)

allenwr

Starting from the top. I have two different instances of the game. One the base source of the game I downloaded a while ago, the other is a sourced from a CD I bought from Amazon a while ago. The CD version has several errors before I even installed any mods on it. The are several stock aircraft in the game before and after mods that aren't flyable, such as the bombers. When I selected that aircraft in the loadout screen and then hit 'fly' the game doesn't fully freeze, but no cockpits load and the aircraft isn't controllable. My downloaded instance of the game doesn't have these errors, but it's an older version (4.10) that I installed UP 3.0 over a long time ago, so I don't think I can upgrade it safely to a newer patch such as 4.12.2 or 4.13.x

My next issue, this could be an internal one to my "network" but I am unable to get my games to play together from two different computers. Last year I was able to link them up and play with a friend locally on a WLAN. I currently cannot get the games to play nice. I was able to ping one computer from the other. I attempted shutting the firewalls off after just allowing the game to pass-through didn't work and yet, No Joy.

The older instance of the game(4.10), doesn't natively support widescreen resolutions, I enabled a mod so that I could do it through the JSGME, which is nice, but the newer 4.12/13 had updates to menu's and things I really liked. I really like the jetwar mod, I have that installed on the 4.12version. My hangup with the jetwar mod is that it disabled a lot of the stock aircraft. Is there a way that I can have all the benefits of the jetwar addon while still retaining all of the stock aircraft(and other assets) as well?

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
Re: Several different issues (stock aircraft, networking, modding)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:16:57 PM »

The CD version of the game is most likely 4.07. Bombers not being flyable is not an error: they simply do not have cockpits, so they cannot be flown, although it is odd that you are able to select unflyable aircraft to be flown by a player. Before and after mods doesn't really mean much, because it doesn't say anything about which mods you installed.

UP3 is great old modpack, get UP3.3 and UP3.3 Patch 7 and you can join the SAS Dogfight Server, it's always open to new pilots.

You can convert UP3 to 4.12.2 through SAS's all-encompassing 4.12.2 megapatch.

The Jetwar mod does not disable stock aircraft, unless you're talking about VP modpack's jetwar mod, in which case it might? I know absolutely nothing about VP modpack, so someone else will have to help you with any VPMP-specific problems. The same goes for networking issues.
I'm FL2070, previously known as dirtbloxxMC. I make sounds. My current main project, UJS (Ultimate Jet Sound) v1.2, can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61360.0.html

allenwr

Re: Several different issues (stock aircraft, networking, modding)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 03:59:18 PM »

I appreciate the reply. I'll have to check what version the CD is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 27 queries.