Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) Version 7.5 =  (Read 30033 times)

azura

Re: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) Version 7.3 =
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2020, 04:09:14 AM »

Request for making rocket shooting sound much louder,thanks. Or is it any idea to make it louder manually?

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »

To all VSM 7.3 (Buttons) users, I should probably warn you that my sound mod MIGHT not be compatible with other sound mods, like Tiger's flybys for instance.

Reason for warning this is because both mods carry their own modified buttons file. Tiger's works in that it incorporates flyby audio functions for IL-2 1946, meanwhile mine works at adding more WW2 aircraft engine sound variety to the game's roster.

Conflict with both buttons files might crash your game.
Hey, get that inertia started!

PA_Willy

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »

Thank you Victor! Awesome work.

Candyman0756

• Tech Help God
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2020, 02:15:50 PM »

How do you install this mod in some simple steps? I'm quite new to modding here in 1946, and I need some help.
Cheers, Candyman

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »

Move the "! VSM Sound Mod v7.3" to your active mods folder. The mods folder will be called #SAS, or #WAW3, or something else like that (always has a hashtag as its first character). and resides in your main game folder, the folder with il2fb.exe in it.

If you don't have that folder, you need a modpack (like BAT or VPmod) OR a modactivator first. If you don't have a modact or modpack, you should ask for help in the New Member Safety Area.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

Candyman0756

• Tech Help God
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:09 PM »

Ah, thanks FL2070. I'll make sure to get VP.
Cheers, Candyman

Jazzy77

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2021, 02:56:37 AM »

Hi there, Ive been trying to install this mod but Im having issues. I downloaded the No buttons 7.3 version for my VP modpack IL2 on version 4.12.2m. I only have this mod however Im unsure which place to put the VSM Folder, Ive tried in SAS and it doesnt work and no luck in putting the samples and presets in their own "my_presets" and "my_samples" folder. Do I need to disable the Jivers sound mod included in VP modpack for this to work? Or do I need to install something else like a base mod?

Any help is much appreciated, its been doing my head in as I've been struggling with this for the past few hours.

Thanks

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2021, 11:58:20 AM »

Ive tried in SAS and it doesnt work

You had the right idea—the #SAS folder is indeed the right folder. If you've put VSM there and still see no difference, then you the issue could be:
(1) You have directly put the presets and samples folders into the #SAS folder
(2) You have inserted VSM into the #SAS folder under a subfolder, like this:
Code: [Select]
   #SAS/
      VSM/
         VSM/
            presets/
            samples/
  instead of how it should be, which is like this:
Code: [Select]
   #SAS/
      VSM/
         presets/
         samples/
(3) The loading priority of VSM is lower than that of the other sound mod which was put in by vpmedia.

Check to make sure that the folder structure is correct, and if it is, then the problem is loading priority. You should increase the loading priority of VSM so that it loads above all other mods. Read about loading priority here.

Hope you can solve your problem :)
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

Jazzy77

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2021, 09:14:29 PM »

Hey, I apprectiate your help. I've tried doing what you said with putting the VSM into the #SAS folder directly and still no luck. The VSM is at the top of the folder list within #SAS so it should have priority, which is strange that it wont work. I still have the folders my_presets and my_samples in main il2 folder directory filled with the contents of the VSM aswell, as told by someone else that was all i needed to do. Should I take these out and only have it in #SAS, rather than both?

I've been referencing this persons video for what the sounds should sound like in mine, and I cannot get the same as his for some reaosn (specifically the flyby sounds he has), unless that isnt the sounds of this mod, rather something hes added in after?

I have attached screenshots of the folder structure.

Thanks

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2021, 02:19:26 PM »

According to those screenshots, you have done everything right. There is absolutely nothing I can think of that would prevent VSM from working properly with the setup you have.

As for steven197106's flyby sounds, he gets those from a different sound mod which uses scripted flyby sounds.

Jazzy77

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2021, 10:49:25 PM »

Ah I see, this is what I was afraid would be the case, that I was actually getting the correct sounds and the fly by sounds etc are from something different  ::( So it must work then, and I was fixing something that was never broken hahaha  o_O

Thanks for your help anyway,

Jazz

Treetop64

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »

Saw this upload and immediately knew I was going to download before reading anything.  Never clicked a download button so fast.

By far the best sounds ever made for this game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 25 queries.