Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with the pilot's canopy of some aircrafts in BAT  (Read 1108 times)

Pilot921

Problem with the pilot's canopy of some aircrafts in BAT
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:49:18 PM »

Hello, I am new on SAS forum, so I may not understand some simple things)

So, I installed BAT 3.8.3 and I have a problem with pilot's canopy on Mig-3, and other soviet fighters. The screenshots below illustrates, that textures of canopy is don't normal (the canopy opens, but its "closed" texture stays in the same place. If you look at the appearance of plane, you see, that canopy open, but if you look inside, the canopy closed) What I need to do to fix it?

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
Re: Problem with the pilot's canopy of some aircrafts in BAT
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:20:03 AM »

This looks a lot like there has been some mistake in the implementation of the cockpit door opening animation in this case.
When all else fails: read the instructions!

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 04:03:17 AM »

Why did you decide that the texture is abnormal? This is such a texture. On various aircraft, different options. And yes, the cabin does not open on all planes, this is also normal. In stock IL, too, far from all planes it opens))

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 10:33:09 AM »

Not me decide, Folder hierarchy, Cockpit Files edited i.e. Blister.mesh, edited Classfiles and/or FM changes decide for me.
next to it real data, Mods, BATs components etc.

What I know, is when I extract DBW/CUP and BAT and compare to Mods available here, I can trace the target Mods and ammend
in DBW Cockpit changes. These Files build base for CUP and BAT too. Their Date and size give hints about changes or not?!
Second I can open such file and compare to original and say after, it was altered or left.
 IL-2 and most Mods use SFS, we can extract, if you heard about this...
Your BAT is a Software, moddable, works in the same manner, but if it's not injected the right Files or hierarchy, you go like Kamikaze with a bolt on Canopy.
Modding, means, rip off Olegs bolts and expand our Sim to unknown borders.

This is BAT 3.8.3 with working old Open Canopy Mods.
You see here in different modded stages:
UB with the Open canopy Mod (sole working layout)
stock MiG-3 Open canopy Mod with the duplicating antenna Bug (Body.mesh glitch)
a new 4.12 version of MiG3 Beta Cockpit and open Canopy Mod (seethrough Frames)

U version is until today not fixed with a Open canopy solution, I know as I'm following the Mod Evolutions since (2009) Vert and Guzknife, the Guys at Nullwars and Aviaskins, later TD Team took up that work. Tell me what about History of Mods, we can discuss.

old working Yak, La5, La7 and LaGG3 Open Canopy Models, for every Slot you dream off, stock, NullWars, AviaSkins, SAS, Godmade Oleg or Fun

]cheers[

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »

I hardly understood what you want to say, Tobias :)
Translator.. :D
I understand you were outraged that I said that non-opening cabs are "normal"? Well, I wanted to say that if you look in general, then this is normal .. I did not mean specifically these aircraft. In general, I have not watched them for a long time, and did not know that, not on one of the Yaks, the cabin does not open.
Moreover, I just noticed this hour that the texture of the racks from the inside is not displayed correctly on La7.
I can’t constructively discuss with you about these mods, because I don’t understand anything about this.
I see that your old parted cockpits work.
But there are new ones at BAT, and they don’t work for me, of course I would like it to be fixed. If possible.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:07:25 PM »

Alright, fine.

Let's get back to topic.

As acertained in my last Post I must make corrections, LaGGs are not so easy to tackle the all open Canopies.
Ran up all versions I had found again, to test all through..
Cause is here, the old Canopy_LaGG-3_130809 not working properly. For whatever reason any LaGG referring
to these old (2009) Mods/classes, wil refuse to open. You have to grab Mods from Date after 2015 to get sth. moving.
There might be a 4.09/4.101m/4.12 conflict in Java, as only 4.12 Files work.
Current Tests showed, it's only on later LaGG Mods, incl. FM and a full range of Cockpit changes.
At copy and paste you'll have to correct a nasty Gunsight/Reticle glitch then. I needed 2 days to cure that. Still housing two Folders,
and can't say what made it.

Now ask me why the Range of Yaks are carefree at this topic, even most exotic, there old Mods work as proposed.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »

What can I say.  Unfortunately, I can not help with this.  I can only thank you.  By the way with La7, do you have the same problem as on screenshots?

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 03:44:55 PM »

No Prob, don't thank me for that.

With the old Canopy_La-7_130809 Mod and revised Textures Pack (dating back to 2015), such glitches are gone.

After applying these Mods back, you're able to do what you like. In the case of these Textures, they are not
necessary, just cosmetic in that case.

There is a tiny glitch at the La7 Cockpit, showing that it was initially the La5 Cockpit.
this is btw. a 1C Maddox glitch, not from any Mod. To look for where in the La5 the gun handles throw shadows,
these shadows are ported to La7 Cockpit.

Best wishes
Tobias
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 27 queries.