Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you get two installations of Il-2  (Read 190 times)

StukaBlyat

How do you get two installations of Il-2
« on: March 24, 2020, 06:22:01 PM »

Hello all, I was wondering how you would go about getting two installations of Il-2 1946. I would like to do this so I have one with BAT, and one with UP3.3. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers! :D

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
Re: How do you get two installations of Il-2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »

Name your first one "Number 1".  Right click on "Number 1" and hit copy.  Hit Paste, right next to "Number 1" and rename it "Number 2".  Like that.  Cheers
I am a moron.

StukaBlyat

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »

Name your first one "Number 1".  Right click on "Number 1" and hit copy.  Hit Paste, right next to "Number 1" and rename it "Number 2".  Like that.  Cheers

What about all the other files? Again, I am trying to install UP3.3 on a different Il-2

Thanks!

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 01:43:01 AM »

Usually you would copy some sort of "base install" in order to install the different modpacks on top of that.

For example, if I needed to start out from scratch again, I'd get out my old CD and install v4.07 onto my PC. Then I'd patch that one up to v4.12.2. After that, as Gubi said, copy and paste the main folder of that install to create two new ones.
Then you have one install that can be used for further installation of BAT, one for the further installation of UP3.3 and one you keep as backup in case you manage to get any of the modded installs into the FUBAR-state ...
When all else fails: read the instructions!

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 06:54:00 AM »

Two ?  8)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 08:51:07 AM »

:))

Gerhard                           
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »

You can use Link Shell Extension for some folders : typically, I have various of the games, except for the samples and paintschemes folders, which are in a folder I called "partage". And, with LSE; I make a junction. Saves space in an easy way (and believe me : I always search for easy solutions...).

Knochenlutscher

• "Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »

What the hell

:animated_dancing_banana:
Wiseman: Did you speak the exact words? Ash: Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

StukaBlyat

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 10:29:51 AM »

Thank you all! I will see if I can get a clean install of Il-2 1946 somewhere because I modded my steam version... maybe not the best move in hindsight.

Again, thank you, everyone.

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 11:07:50 AM »

Thank you all! I will see if I can get a clean install of Il-2 1946 somewhere because I modded my steam version... maybe not the best move in hindsight.

Copy the install out of your steam directory (= to a safe place somewhere else). Let steam reinstall the whole thing. And there you have your clean version to start with.

Two ?

Don't worry, I've got a lot more than two different installs here, too. Just didn't want to list all of them for this example ;)
Your number of different folders seems to be record worthy, tho ...

You can use Link Shell Extension for some folders : typically, I have various of the games, except for the samples and paintschemes folders, which are in a folder I called "partage". And, with LSE; I make a junction. Saves space in an easy way (and believe me : I always search for easy solutions...).

This. Not "just" for 1946. LSE help so much with staying organized and not wasting space on the other hand.
When all else fails: read the instructions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.