Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing when AI planes spawn (YOT)  (Read 556 times)

Hans-Joachim Marseille

• SAS - May you be with The (Air)Force!
Freezing when AI planes spawn (YOT)
« on: March 23, 2020, 10:52:40 PM »

I'm playing #WAW   "YOT"-campaign at this point and I realize there's still the "good" ol' freeze of 1-2 sec. when AI-planes spawn. o_O  Is that still a thing one has to deal with or maybe I am doing sth. wrong, conf. wise or such!? Wanna ask you guys what your experiences of BAT are in that matter. Thx. :)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: Freezing when AI planes spawn (YOT)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:53:49 AM »

Is that still a thing one has to deal with
Yep.
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 09:37:18 AM »

That depends on how the mission is created, if the mission has the AI flights flying from the beginning of the mission at a speed and distance, so they reach the target at the correct time you don't get any freezing.  ;)

But I assume it's more difficult to build missions that way,  so the AI show up at the wanted time and much testing is needed to get it right.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:12:41 AM »

As the mission builder I am the culprit. ”Years of Triump” imncludes some missions I built a while ago, and they have all been 100% updated, but changing this spawn would entail a lot of extra work and time. But I can tell you that I always try to avoid this practice now, to avoid that 1 second stutter that you get, especially on an older rig.
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740

Hans-Joachim Marseille

• SAS - May you be with The (Air)Force!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:24:49 AM »

Kinda thought so - also, of course - nevermind.  ;)  It is still very nice to play and great work and I highly appreciate the efforts made. Thx once more!  :) Me and my rig is "old" indeed (XP) :P  but an AMD-FX-Quadcore with 4x 4.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM Corsair "Vengeance" and a GTX 760 with 4 GB, Mainboard Gigabyte other components also OK - I think that is not that bad. I still dig my machine but of course I am dreaming of a second really new one with all good parts - but if things go on like that ("Thx" Miss Corona) now it seems to remain a dream... :(  Keep it up, buddy!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.