Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAS MOD v2.0  (Read 10916 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: TOAS MOD v2.0
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 12:19:22 AM »

Dear Mike, we respect the fighters (from both sides) faithfully recreating the conflict and, for example, instead of using "similar" objects or planes taking the work of doing them from scratch. Each recreated mission was done according to historical data which literally took us whole days to analyze documents, stories and maps and not from a triumphalist point of view, in fact, we modeled the English ships as they were at that time when it would have been infinitely easier to use default ships and the same case occurs with Sea Harrier or Lynx.
In our case this is not only a Mod to "play" but mainly a tribute to all the Argentine pilots who participated in the conflict, those who returned and those who stayed there, so you will understand our refusal to mention them as Falklands. get bored so it is not necessary to mention the amount of monuments and the respect that any citizen of my nation professes towards ex-combatants since not only the English nation does.
If you or you prefer to tell Falklands I understand it, but in Latin America (626,000,000 million inhabitants) the correct name is Malvinas and we are not aggrieved because someone calls them Falklands.
That said, if the condition of publication on this site of the T.O.A.S.Mod is to exclude the word Malvinas, let us know and we will gladly withdraw it since it is not our intention that anyone feels aggrieved.
I send you a hug.
Thanks for your reply vudu.
Don't worry, it's not our intention to "disallow" a mod.
We are here for modding the game, not for hamper modding.
Our Rules are laid out ready and of course there's nothing in your mod that breaks any of our rules.
I'm happy to hear that you've got no intentions to raise a patriotic "Argentine vs. Great Britain" fit.
I never thought you would, but nevertheless it's good to have that clarified once and for all.

I also understand the linguistic motives behind that "Malvinas" naming declaration, however on that part maybe you could reconsider and adopt the naming convention used on the maps, i.e. "Falklands/Malvinas", which would cover both the spanish speaking people and the "rest of the world" and would probable come along less affronting for our british friends.

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 06:06:40 AM »

Well... we can be neutral, and say "Malouines"... after all, they were first discovered by the French... Joking. ;D ;D ;D

enry711

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2020, 07:59:44 AM »

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I was super-hyped for this one!  ]hello2[
Great job, thank you very much to everyone involved in making this awesome mod. ]notworthy[

Question: is the Etendard in the pack or WIP/not available? I'm asking because i like that plane and i think there was a WIP some time ago.

The cockpits are jaw-dropping vudu ;)

Mono27

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »

Thank you for this awesome mod!!
Now we need some mission. I will try to create some  ;)

cherokeedriver

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2020, 10:38:54 AM »

I'd enjoy having this mod and others of my buddies want it. Problem is, We can unpack the part .001 with 7zip but the other two parts will not unpack. Message is "can not open file as archive". I have download this twice with the same unpacking results. I also updated 7zip to the latest version...…. no help.

Any suggestions to resolve the issue will be appreciated as I'm assuming our problem is not widespread. Tried a couple of suggestions found via Google with no luck as well.

SAS~Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »

I'd enjoy having this mod and others of my buddies want it. Problem is, We can unpack the part .001 with 7zip but the other two parts will not unpack. Message is "can not open file as archive".
The solution is very simple!
Archive 001 calls the others!
So just open archive 001 and decompress it. It will do the rest!
If your results are not up to your expectations, tell yourself that as large oak was once an acorn ...

cherokeedriver

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 05:15:57 PM »

Thanks much for the solution, SAS~Epervier! I look forward to this addon.

Seb

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »

The Linx is currently in the TOAS MOD, do you mean if I'm going to do the cockpit in some mood?
  I send you a hug

Hi Vudu
That's what I mean about the Lynx cockpit.
Regards
Seb

vudu_1

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 01:14:55 PM »

The Linx is currently in the TOAS MOD, do you mean if I'm going to do the cockpit in some mood?
  I send you a hug

Hi Vudu
That's what I mean about the Lynx cockpit.
Regards
Seb
no lo creo Seb...al menos por ahora amigo

Jaza

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2020, 07:41:22 AM »

Looks great, but the download link for the first part seems to be dead at the moment.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2020, 09:18:13 AM »

Strange.
For the time being I could offer a mirror here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qxmb9mtb2zsf6p7/TOAS_v2.7z.001/file

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

dsawan

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2020, 09:30:55 PM »

Hi, have a question. Will the terrain be available in quick mission builder in future update? Did not see it there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.